Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Thu, Aug 13, 2009 9:15 PM

jerrysnow
Skis At: Lac rouge
Foot Forward: Left

Radar Annex 2009 Review

Ok guy's,

I made a force switch from a 67.5 sixam 1.1( broke) to a Radar Annex 67. I am happy. ( after 3 weeks 15 rides)

I have to admit i am a gear maniac. I used to race college slalom and GS and I was the ski tech for my team so i like the tech aspect of ski shape, set up, tuning. I only buy the top race equipment because i know and can feel the difference. This is the first time i buy a less than top of the line ski.

The good:

Feels as fast as my sixam across the wake.
Carry more speed trough the turn.
Off side is better.
Cost less.
Need less effort to ski to keep momemtum
Handle less than perfect condition the same.
Respond well to fin tuning.
I think this ski will help me correct my body position problem because it wants to be ridden with better form

The things i like a bit less:

Ski is heavier and softer and i feel it crossing the wake, i know i prefer a bit stiffer ski now.
More sensible to fin setting than my sixam ( I could mess around and still ski good)
I feel the sixam was a more forgiving and turned harder in the last 1/4 turn.

I don't ski the course but want to prepare if it does happen so I want a ski that will built my confidence and give me good feedback the annex does that. On a side note the built quality is very good and the fin clamp is a blessing ( those with sixam understand me)
I think the annex would ski better with RS1 type boot....next step any demo available Chris ?

R&D did a good job on this ski. I my book if you don't have the money for the RS1 or another A1 it is a very good choice. I am a bit surprise with the rating being a lot lower than the RS1.

Share your passion with others and it will keep yours alive!

#2 Thu, Aug 13, 2009 10:14 PM

tzorn

Re: Radar Annex 2009 Review

I also have a 09' Annex, and am really pleased with mine having skied it about 10 times over the last month.  I have a 68" Annex, weigh 225, and ski at 33.5 MPH.  I'm probably a bit heavy for the ski, but it seems just fine to me.  I mostly open water ski, but have run 28 off with it, my PB.  Right now I'm using all factory settings.  I ski with lots of counter rotation (I'm an old guy, having snow skied for over 30 years, but only water skied for 4), and this ski really seems to suit that style well, and for me comes around real well from both sides.  Most of the skis I've used previously have been various HOs, and I'm real pleased with this Annex.  I think it's as good of a ski as I'll ever need (notice I didn't say 'want'). 

I'm using Wiley's bindings, and have been thinking about the RS1 bindings, but haven't tried them yet.  Does anyone know how the sizing runs on RS1 bindings?  I typically wear size 13 athletic shoes, but size 12 street shoes, so I'm not sure if a size 12 RS1 would be big enough.

Anyway, although I'm not that technical or experienced of a skier, my opinion is that this is a real fun ski, well suited to skiers that like to carve their turns (v. skidding them).  It's exactly what I was looking for, and I really look forward to getting on this ski each time. 

TZ

#3 Thu, Aug 13, 2009 10:40 PM

Killer
Skis At: Ontario
Foot Forward: Left

RadaR Rail boots on that ski work very well.  I can't say enough about them...  got my buddy into an Annex w/ dbl Rails coming off an older Obrien Mapple that he loved.

#4 Fri, Aug 14, 2009 1:27 AM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier
Skis At: Not short enough
Foot Forward: Right

Jerry et all;

Be sure to post your reviews in the WaterSki Database. Review the 2009 Annex Here.

Board footer