Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Mon, Sep 6, 2010 9:06 PM

tiges

Malibu Hull Changes and Open Vs. Closed Bow

I am looking at buying a Malibu Response.  I'm not sure which year.  I skied behind a newer Response Lxi and did not like it much.  I'm probably looking at 1997 to 2002 or so.  Does anyone know when the hulls changed?  Also, does anyone know if the open bow Lx is exactly the same hull as the closed bow model?  Any other input would be appreciated.  Is there a for sale sight within this site?  Thanks.

#2 Mon, Sep 6, 2010 9:45 PM

nam1975

Re: Malibu Hull Changes and Open Vs. Closed Bow

Check out malibucrew.com

They have a list posted of years, hulls, etc.

I have a 99 LX. The LXI hull is different. I think it started in 03 or 04?

The open and closed bows same the same hulls, say in a 99 or 00.
It's called a Diamond hull.

I think the only difference in these years was a rear ski trunk was added in 99.

I really like my 99, for a 22-28' or so skier. CCSN was also a great boat from 97-99

#3 Mon, Sep 6, 2010 11:59 PM

davemac
Foot Forward: RFF

Here is a link to all the specs for Malibus....    www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?/page/specs.html
The RLXi originated in 03, ran through 06, and was redesigned 07.  It is not the same hull as the closed bow Response...which although not advertised by Malibu...can still be ordered.

Last edited by davemac (Tue, Sep 7, 2010 12:00 AM)

#4 Tue, Sep 7, 2010 5:30 PM

whatup33
Skis At: cutler
Foot Forward: Right

i own a 03 malibu response lx with the open bow, which is the same as the closed bow.  i'm not sure which years the hull changed but i've skied enough boats to know that my boat has an excellent waterski wake, dont sweat the lxi wake as it does not compare at all to the wake of an lx

Chris

Board footer