Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Sat, Jul 31, 2010 11:15 PM

danbirch
Slasher
Skis At: Canyon Lake, CA
Foot Forward: Left

2010 Water Ski Injury Database Survey Results

Thank you to everyone who participated.  You can view the results at:
http://www.danbirch.com/2010_water_ski_ … urvey.html

#2 Sun, Aug 1, 2010 2:00 AM

BudMan
Skis At: Bud Lake

Re: 2010 Water Ski Injury Database Survey Results

Thank you for doing the survey. I think it was interesting. I wish there was some way to link the percentage of injury to percentage of products being used. The survey might simply show who sold more product, but I realize you knew that before you started. I still like that you took your time to do it for all of us to see. BTW, my injury was the highest percentage along with my ski and bindings.

A mechanic told me one time that a lot of people thought a certain car was also the safest because of a survey done on cars involved in accidents. But as it turned out, that particular car was always in the shop being worked on so it was not on the road to be involved in an accident. I’m sure he was joking.

Life is great! Enjoy every minute!

#3 Sun, Aug 1, 2010 2:10 AM

danbirch
Slasher
Skis At: Canyon Lake, CA

I agree with you.  This particular survey wouldn't post the results that way.  The only way to view those statistics would be to post the actual surveys, which would be a big job. 
It is true, that if one company was to sell, say, 8x more product than anyone else, they would likely have more injuries, and not necessarily be a more dangerous product.  I personally think that the bindings are the bigger culprit in the accidents, and the ski's get to come along for the ride, so to speak...

#4 Sun, Aug 1, 2010 4:52 AM

tjo
Foot Forward: Right

Thanks Dan.  I think from question #5 on, it is interesting information.

Travis Ogden

Board footer