Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Thu, Jul 15, 2010 3:48 AM

chaloux
Skis At: Gull Lake, Ontario
Foot Forward: left

'09 Enzo Binding Warranty Issue

Anyone ever have this?

Tonight while open water skiing, I had a run, took the ski off, and then passed it on to a friend of mine.  Noticed nothing wrong with it. 

Friend got up, went for a bit (not hard on the ski AT ALL) and after a bit dropped the handle.  When getting the ski off, he said, "I think something is wrong with the binding."  After getting it off, we realized that where the plastic meets the soft part of the boot and is held in by screw holes completely ripped out. 

Anyway, the binding was mounted right and showed no visible or physical (noticing while skiing or strapped in) signs of failure, until bam.  Luckily I or my dad wasn't skiing, as that could have been BAD!

Also, this is what the Connelly site says about their warranty:

2-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY: Connelly Skis, CWB Wakeboards and bindings are warranted to be free of defects in materials and workmanship for a period of two years, see exceptions noted below.
*Excluded in the limited warranty is damage due to misuse, improper care, torn finger holes on bindings, freight damage, handle impact damage and bottom abrasions.

Lastly, here is a picture.  Not of our actual binding, but to show where/what tore. Basically, the back support is all floppy and disconnected, save for one bolt.

**Edit: Should add that this was purchased at the end of the season last year, in late August, and used between 5-10 times.  It's been used a handful of times this season, I think we've been out 5 times.

http://i.imgur.com/FGhjA.jpg

Last edited by chaloux (Thu, Jul 15, 2010 3:53 AM)

#2 Thu, Jul 15, 2010 3:55 AM

trichter12
Skis At:
Foot Forward: Left

Re: '09 Enzo Binding Warranty Issue

I would give Connelly a call. I had something similar happen to my draft bindings and they sent me replacement parts for free without even taking a look at the broken biding.

Travis

#3 Thu, Jul 15, 2010 3:08 PM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier
Skis At: Not short enough
Foot Forward: Right

Call Connelly, let me know if you run into any issues getting a replacement but this is a known issue with a small number of boots, this is known as a manufacturer's defect which will be covered under the warranty you typed up.

http://www.proskicoach.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=894

#4 Thu, Jul 15, 2010 3:21 PM

chaloux

Thanks Wade.  I found my receipt this morning and am going to be going into the store where I bought the ski, they have been *very* good to me in the past and I have no doubt the boot will be replaced/fixed one way or another.

I wasn't posting to generate negative press for Connelly (I love my Prophecy!), I was just a little surprised and was wondering if this had happened to anyone else.

#5 Thu, Jul 15, 2010 3:26 PM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier
Skis At: Not short enough
Foot Forward: Right

Yup a limited number of '09s had this defect. It sounds like you're in good hands at your local shop but if they give you any trouble just give Connelly a buzz and they'll set you up.

Glad to hear that this one ripped when you got out of the boot and not while you were skiing!

#6 Fri, Jul 16, 2010 12:28 AM

chaloux

For what it's worth, when I dropped into the store, the guy did one of these:

yikes

And then called the rep, asking what he should do.  Because the front was showing signs of wear/stress, and because the tightening string was not staying tight, he and the rep decided to give us a pair of 2010 Enzos and needless to say, I'm happy!  I also asked about the warranty, and he said that it would start fresh with a new product.

So all in all it was a good day.  Thanks Muskoka Store & Connelly!

Last edited by chaloux (Fri, Jul 16, 2010 12:29 AM)

Board footer