Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Fri, Jul 24, 2009 10:12 PM

imazeika

Connelly Enzo Bindings

Less than two months, and less than ten sets after I bought these bindings, they completely ripped in a fall. The material on the back hinge completely ripped from the plastic and all the laces shredded off both bindings. The pockets the laces are meant to be put in sheared off and other damage to the boot. I would advise that people look at other bindings. Connelly is being extremely difficult and refuses to give a refund on a product that didnt even last a week of actual use.
http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/ab204/imazeika/DSCF0525.jpg
http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/ab204/imazeika/DSCF0526.jpg
http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/ab204/imazeika/DSCF0527.jpg

#2 Fri, Jul 24, 2009 10:55 PM

DaveLemons
Foot Forward: right

Re: Connelly Enzo Bindings

It's my understanding that during the manufacturing process a piece was left out that is vital to these boots not ripping apart like in your picture.
Connelly has been very very good about replacing the ones that have ripped out.
I know of 3-4 people who have had this happen and they have had great customer support from Connelly.

Are you trying for a warranty fix or are you trying to get your money back?
If your trying to get your money back I would say good luck as most manufactures will want to fix it..

Just my  2 cents...

Been skiing Drafts for 2 seasons and I love mine

Last edited by malibuowner (Fri, Jul 24, 2009 10:56 PM)

#3 Sun, Jul 26, 2009 1:09 AM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier
Skis At: Not short enough
Foot Forward: Right

I'm not sure who you've spoken with at Connelly already but this is surprising as I have seen nothing like it in the past... that having been said, I would count yourself lucky that you released from the bindings safely. I would rather shred the binding than hurt an ankle.

I'm sure connelly will stand behind the product if they have any sense that it is a manufacturers defect.

#4 Wed, Aug 26, 2009 4:15 AM

twhite
Foot Forward: left

i had the exact same thing happen to my binding last season about 3 weeks after owning them. had no problem though in getting connelly to replace it.  have had no problems since and love the draft bindings

#5 Wed, Aug 26, 2009 4:34 AM

Killer
Skis At: Ontario
Foot Forward: Left

Wade I saw that happen last weekend with my own eyes as well.  then the same guy put his old while/black draft back on and nearly cut all the circulation off.. never seen a foot so red in my life.  I thought my wiley's were bad!!!

enzo's are the way to go, but connelly should replace them due to defect.  bindings aren't supposed to tear apart like that!!!

#6 Wed, Aug 26, 2009 4:56 AM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier
Skis At: Not short enough
Foot Forward: Right

Looks crazy. I would be interested to see if there has been more than one case like this. I've forwarded this thread along to the engineer and marketing guys @ Connelly.

#7 Thu, Aug 27, 2009 9:45 AM

pavle
Rookie

I use Drafts since March 2008. The first set broke down by the end of last season. Then I got Enzo's. They broke down afte 10 days (not as severely as the photos here show). I just felt my front foot was not as stable as it should be and the binding started moving left/right which made me feel unsecure. They I swithed to Drafts again.
Connelly was always very supportive in exchanging them in warranty. Both times.
Now I see my 08 Drafts will not make it into 2010, so I already plan to exchange them for next year.

Maybe I'm somewhat sado-mazohistic, but I still like my Drafts and the tightness they provide. If Connelly keeps exchanging them, I will keep using them. :-)

#8 Fri, Aug 28, 2009 9:21 PM

dacls1

imazeika-

I'm with Connelly, sorry to see the problem you have had with the Enzo boot.  You are correct, they should last a lot longer!  Also, sorry to hear you have had difficulty with the warranty department on this.  We have seen a few of these and try to take care of the customer immediately.  Not sure why your case is different, but customer service is of great importance to us.

Drop me an email, I will be happy to help you out with your boots.

Board footer