Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Mon, May 24, 2010 2:28 PM

BudMan
Skis At: Bud Lake
Foot Forward: Left

O'Brien Elite Water Ski Bindings

Has anyone heard anything about the new O'Brien Elite Water Ski Bindings? Any pictures?
This is all I have read:
Description
• Lightest releasable binding on the market • Forward flexing releasable cuff • Last style footwear construction • Heat moldable liner w/ lateral stiffeners • Torsion chassis lateral support • 14 dgrees of rotational adjustability • Snow ski style stainless buckles w/ memory • High speed drainage system • Left-Right specific for ultimate performance see more at obrienelite.com Sizes: 6,7,8,9,10,11,12 Mens

Life is great! Enjoy every minute!

#2 Mon, May 24, 2010 3:02 PM

HO410
Skis At: Outlaw Lake
Foot Forward: Right

Re: O'Brien Elite Water Ski Bindings

Wade nabbed a picture at Ski Expo a few months back
http://www.proskicoach.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=5710

A skier at my lake may be getting a pair in this weekend. I'll post some info when it becomes available. Can you explain what it was about the Exo's cuff that was giving you grief?

#3 Mon, May 24, 2010 7:44 PM

BudMan
Skis At: Bud Lake
Foot Forward: Left

I am left forward. The arrows show where the hard cuffs were giving me the problem. My lower leg bones have a cure in them. When I stand in my Animals, you can see how my legs comes up at an angle. My legs are also very skinny. My fat percent is often single digit. I consume a lot of fruits and vegetables and stay active. I do NOT try to be skinny; it is just the way it is. When I took off from skiing the last three years, my pants got tight, but I think only my belly stored the fat. I think I get the purple whelps on my legs because my legs are curved and boney. What are your thoughts?

http://www.proskicoach.com/forum/uploads/6212_ski_legs.jpg

Life is great! Enjoy every minute!

#4 Mon, May 24, 2010 7:57 PM

HO410
Skis At: Outlaw Lake
Foot Forward: Right

You aren't too far from H2osmosis in Charleston. I really think it would simplify your binding search to head down there and just try what they got. Even if that's not possible, I think that the Strada's are going to be a better candidate because the cuff is soft and expands as you lean into it instead of having a rigid cuff with static buckles.

Giving a second and third look to your pictures, it looks like you could have been fine with the Exos if it were possible to cant the cuff so that it follows the line of your shin instead of intersecting and digging in.

Last edited by HO410 (Mon, May 24, 2010 8:06 PM)

Board footer