Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Sat, Nov 7, 2009 11:43 PM

Kent W

2010 Obrien Elite Bindings

Apparently Obrien has a new releasable hardshell coming out in 2010? Has anyone heard anything? I can't seem to find any info yet?

#2 Sun, Nov 8, 2009 4:02 AM

HO410
Skis At: Outlaw Lake
Foot Forward: Right

Re: 2010 Obrien Elite Bindings

Wade posted some pictures from the Surf Ski Expo
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_QWrSfFMfyiA/S … boots1.jpg

Yes, Obrien will have a hardshell on the market for 2010. From the picture it looks like a hard (maybe carbon)
lower shell, with an articulated upper cuff that will break away and allow the foot and liner to come out in a release situation. I could only guess on the when and the how much. The when will probably be early spring.

#3 Sun, Nov 8, 2009 4:26 AM

Thomas Wayne

HO 410 wrote:

Wade posted some pictures from the Surf Ski Expo
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_QWrSfFMfyiA/S … boots1.jpg

Yes, Obrien will have a hardshell on the market for 2010. From the picture it looks like a hard (maybe carbon)
lower shell, with an articulated upper cuff that will break away and allow the foot and liner to come out in a release situation. [...]

Man I hope you're right about how that binding works.  It's always really fun to watch Karma in action...

TW

#4 Sun, Nov 8, 2009 12:45 PM

2gofaster

Adam Cord, from Obrien, told me theyd be out in March/April timeframe. And yes, it has a releasable upper cuff.

Shane Hill

#5 Sun, Nov 8, 2009 1:39 PM

Kent W

Ahhh....they do exist! Thanks for the pic and info!

#6 Wed, Dec 2, 2009 8:56 PM

Knaflaj
Foot Forward: Left

I first heard from my O'brien sales rep that they would be out in February and now they're saying later and later. the one thing i have learned about O'brien over the years is that they are always late in coming out with there product. For instance, the Elite didn't come out until halfway through the season.

#7 Thu, Dec 3, 2009 4:28 AM

GMC
Foot Forward: Right

I'm in the market for new bindings next year.  I usually don't want to buy the newest thing on the market until it gets sorted out a bit but I'm really hoping they are out sooner (Feb-March) rather than later.  I might just take the plunge if they seem to be all that.

Board footer