Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Wed, Jul 14, 2010 3:19 PM

SumrGrlMC43

Can a woman use a mens ski?

I'm 5'5", 120 lbs. I ski at 15 off at 30 mph. I've been using a Connelly RS-2 that is 10 years old and 63 inches. I was introduced to a slalom course this summer and it's my new goal in life to complete it! 2 bouys down, 4 to go! I found an O'brien Sixam 2.0 and it sounds like it fits my needs, but I think it's a mens ski. Do I need to buy a womens ski or would this ski work for me?
I also like the descriptions of the HO Couture and Connelly Concept...

Last edited by SumrGrlMC43 (Wed, Jul 14, 2010 3:23 PM)

#2 Wed, Jul 14, 2010 3:54 PM

Thomas Wayne

Re: Can a woman use a mens ski?

You can't really go wrong with the Sixam 2.0, one of the most popular O'Brien skis in more than a decade.  However, if the one you get was previously owned by a man you may want to put the seat down before you use it.

TW

#3 Wed, Jul 14, 2010 4:18 PM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier
Skis At: Not short enough
Foot Forward: Right

Women's water skis are a fairly new innovation. The water skis we do have (women's models and the regular bisexual models) look strikingly similar to the ones from the past, the major update is the materials. You can learn to ski on anything smile

It's all a matter of personal preference and what works best for you. Believing in the ski you do have is sometimes more important than using superior equipment.

#4 Wed, Jul 14, 2010 5:36 PM

Killer
Skis At: Ontario
Foot Forward: Left

I like looking at the Women Pro skiers and what they're skiing on.  Most if not all are on the same top end ski the men ski on.

hey Wade I think its unisex models, get your mind out of the gutter buddy! /jk

#5 Wed, Jul 14, 2010 8:53 PM

SC_swerve
Skis At: Lake Murray
Foot Forward: Right

At 120 lbs and 30 mph you would probably benefit from a 64 or 65 inch ski. My daughter is your size and learned the course on a 64 Connelly Concept and skied up through 15off 34 mph on it.

Board footer