Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Sat, Jul 3, 2010 2:50 AM

Digger
Skis At: Steilacoom Lake
Foot Forward: Right

Two skis?

OK, who else (if anyone) out there has two of the same ski - one set up for cold water and one for warm water? I'm considering doing this. Changing fin settings isn't that hard but when I dial one in and it seems spot on, I hate to change it. I have my Strada where it just seems to rip now in 60 degree water and I am thinking of getting another Strada and set it up for summer water, if summer ever gets here, rather than moving the fin when the water warms up. Is this a really stupid idea? I doubt my wife would ever catch on so not too worried about a "revenge purchase" from her. I also am thinking about waiting to see the 2011 Strada, any changes worth waiting for? Sometimes I hate this sport! lol

Ski hard or save the gas

#2 Sat, Jul 3, 2010 1:18 PM

BudMan
Skis At: Bud Lake
Foot Forward: Left

Re: Two skis?

Have you thought about buying a finamajig?

Life is great! Enjoy every minute!

#3 Tue, Jul 6, 2010 5:46 PM

whatup33
Skis At: cutler

LOL,  I only have one ski, but i had to say i loved the post about not getting a revenge purchase from your wife.  i bought a new ski a couple years back and it looks the same as my ski partners. my wife never caught on either, or at least she never said anything.

Chris

#4 Tue, Jul 6, 2010 7:50 PM

Thomas Wayne

Ron,

The simplest (and inexpensive) solution I can think of is to buy two (or more) fin & fin-block sets from Radar and tune each one for the specific conditions you encounter.  Six fin-block screws, going into and out of stainless-steel inserts, is going to be a pretty quick change over for very little expense.  The additional benefit is that you would always be on the same ski - just with different fin settings.

Unless, of course, you really just want two Stradas and are looking for a "reasonable" excuse - in which case, never mind...

TW

Last edited by Thomas Wayne (Tue, Jul 6, 2010 7:51 PM)

#5 Tue, Jul 6, 2010 11:59 PM

Digger
Skis At: Steilacoom Lake

TW, thank you, a simple solution that had not even crossed my mind.

Ron

Ski hard or save the gas

#6 Wed, Jul 7, 2010 3:35 PM

BudMan
Skis At: Bud Lake
Foot Forward: Left

Good idea TW.

Life is great! Enjoy every minute!

Board footer