Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Fri, Jun 4, 2010 10:33 PM

MChilcutt
Skis At: Utah Lake
Foot Forward: Right

1@ -35 today

I had to share seeing as i am stuck working on a Friday night and wont get off until 3:30 AM Saturday morning!!!
The good news is i went skiing before work today and -32 fell again then i managed to ski around 1 ball and get back to the wake at -35!!!!!!
MC

Last edited by MChilcutt (Wed, Jun 16, 2010 11:32 AM)

#2 Fri, Jun 4, 2010 10:35 PM

tjo

Re: 1@ -35 today

That's my teammate!  Way to go MC...  Sounds like tonight you'll be paying for all of that skiing you've been doing this week smile

Travis Ogden

#3 Fri, Jun 4, 2010 10:55 PM

MChilcutt

Ya skied three sets lastnight and a set today. Feeling better than ever!!!!
MC

#4 Mon, Jun 7, 2010 9:04 PM

2gofaster

Sweet! Congrats!

Shane Hill

#5 Tue, Jun 8, 2010 6:42 PM

RC
Foot Forward: Left

Awesome! Tip: 35 is very much like 32, don't freak yourself out when you get there. Think 32 when you pull out for the gates at 35...

#6 Wed, Jun 16, 2010 11:40 AM

MChilcutt

Wanted to post an update and mention to you all that my new 66 strada is an amazing ski. Lastnight i skied 3 back to back -28 and managed 5 @-32!!!!  i just want to say as the water is warming i feel like the strada is skiing better i am not sure if it has to do with the way we have it tuned but it is rocking.
I just wanted to take a minute and thank all my sponsors!! my wife and two daughters. without there support, love and patience it would not be possible for me to be living the dream today.
MC

#7 Wed, Jun 16, 2010 1:37 PM

millertime
Skis At: Lake Weir and Blue Lake, Ocala,FL

Great job man! Keep it up.

"It is what it is"

#8 Wed, Jun 16, 2010 7:42 PM

aslalomboy
Skis At: buchli lake
Foot Forward: left

Thank all your sponsors! That made me laugh.  I guess I've never publicy thanked mine, so I'll take a minute also- Thanks babe, kids, and Craig! I wouldn't be here without you.

Aaron

#9 Thu, Jun 17, 2010 12:18 AM

CarlyClifton

Way to go Mark!!! Keep on the hard work, heard you got a sweet new bike and your loving it!!!! Tell Marcus to lay all the beta on ya this week, and enjoy the week of biking and skiing!!!

#10 Thu, Jun 17, 2010 1:20 AM

aslalomboy
Skis At: buchli lake

Mark, What were you skiing on before the Strada?  I'm on the rs-1 which i like, but people who've skiied both seem to prefer the Strada.
Aaron

#11 Thu, Jun 17, 2010 1:37 AM

MChilcutt

Hey Carly how is the east?? I am so loving the new/used bike it is like a whole new world of biking. I made it to the top of clarks trail from the truck monday night in 40 min flat so i am starting to feel my legs a little. Amazing how well biking is complementing my skiing i am so stoked!!!
I cannot wait to hook up with MB and Jen!!!! i am hoping to learn a bunch friday.

Aaron i moved from the 2007 D3 RC 67" to the 66" Strada and must say the ski is awesome. More than the ski i have been very lucky to get some great advice and coaching this spring from several pro skiers!!! It has helped me not focus so much on bouy count but instead it has given me a game plan off the water and on!!! Having a blast with water skiing right now!!!!
Peace, MC

#12 Wed, Jun 23, 2010 4:38 PM

H20SkiGirl
Skis At: Pulligan Pond

Nice Job on the skiing... What is it with the 35 that is so different... I just read your reply where you just need to think 32 when you start your 35...  I will have to try that when I get the next opportunity:-)  I just ran my 2nd 32 of the year last night and it felt real good... Maybe another shot todya who knows!

Observe, Listen, Learn, Share and Grow, but most of all have fun~

#13 Wed, Jun 23, 2010 6:48 PM

Jeanette
Skis At: Hamrick Lake, SC

@H2OSkiGirl - Although I'm not running my 28 off pass consistently, now that I ran it in a tournament, I need to start figuring out 32 off.  I would love to hear your thoughts on what is different between 28 off and 32 off.  My PB is 2H @ 32 off.  I am really struggling with my edge change through the gate....I don't seem to have this problem at 28 off.

Thanks! - Jeanette

#14 Wed, Jun 23, 2010 7:18 PM

H20SkiGirl
Skis At: Pulligan Pond

@H2OSkiGirl - Although I'm not running my 28 off pass consistently, now that I ran it in a tournament, I need to start figuring out 32 off.  I would love to hear your thoughts on what is different between 28 off and 32 off.  My PB is 2H @ 32 off.  I am really struggling with my edge change through the gate....I don't seem to have this problem at 28 off.

Hi Jeanette...  I really think the key to running it is pulling out a little later than the 28 and watch your ski turn under you before you start to pull for the gate... The with your hip up nice and tight to the handle jus hold the handle and try not to generate any more speed.  As you cross through the wake this later gate has got you earlier to the one and time for an edge change... Then do it all over again by waiting for the ski to comeunder you and out in front before you reach for the handle..

Just my thoughts... Would love to hear what others have to say:-)

Kim

Observe, Listen, Learn, Share and Grow, but most of all have fun~

#15 Thu, Jun 24, 2010 12:12 AM

Jeanette
Skis At: Hamrick Lake, SC

Thanks Kim - I'll give it a try and report back!

Board footer