Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Tue, May 4, 2010 4:34 AM

MChilcutt
Skis At: Utah Lake
Foot Forward: Right

Strada

Just getting in from my first two sets on the 66" Strada. Was able to ski a few -28 first set on it. This thing rocks!! I am very happy with the Strada after only 14 passes.
Thanks to Radar and Chris Rossi for building and designing this ski. this ski is IMO very user friendly and will take you as deep as you can take it. What a great concept!!! If you get the chance and you are in the market i suggest giving the Strada a try.
I will continue to update this thread as me and the Strada start setting new PB's. Thank you Chris Rossi for all the input and thanks Jason Hutchins for spending time with me at the lake and coaching the fat old guy!!!
MC

Last edited by MChilcutt (Sat, May 15, 2010 1:20 AM)

#2 Tue, May 4, 2010 10:52 AM

ChrisRossi

Re: Strada

Glad you like it MC!  We've been having a lot of success with this ski already.  I can't wait to see what the summer brings!

Chris

#3 Tue, May 4, 2010 12:41 PM

2gofaster

I'm with MC. I am loving my strada.  I set a new pb on the 2nd week on it, and our water is still cool. When it warms up(hopefully this week!!) this thing is gonna rock.

Shane Hill

#4 Tue, May 4, 2010 12:49 PM

MChilcutt

Like it a lot!! Driving in to work today i was thinking about the speed of the for a 66" with me weighing 175-180 is amazing. Really good speed all the way throught both wakes out around the ball and really maintained a lot of speed in the turn. I felt like i was wide and early keeping a nice tight line lastnight. So i guess what i am saying is the ski is already helping build confidence after 14 passes. Know if i just had the ability to ski three or four days a week i would have it made. Just kidding i am very lucky to be skiing as much as i am.
MC

Last edited by MChilcutt (Wed, May 5, 2010 3:20 PM)

#5 Tue, May 4, 2010 3:45 PM

Garn

Why did you chose the 66 inch?  Is that the recommended size for a 180 pound person at 34mph?

Garn

#6 Tue, May 4, 2010 4:02 PM

HO410
Skis At: Outlaw Lake

The Strada is a good bit wider than the RS-1 was and that width is carried pretty far back on the ski. Just by the eye test, it really looks like there is enough support to reliably size down.

#7 Tue, May 4, 2010 4:25 PM

MChilcutt

Garn, Rossi advised me to ski the 66" weighing 175 @ 34. It worked great for me lastnight i felt plenty of ski under me.I am currently approaching 175lbs (yesterday scale said 177) with a goal of 165 by this same time next year. As far as the weight lose goes i am really trying to make a life style change rather than a drastic weight lose (i have done a rapid weight lose in the past only to turn around and put it back on) . I think it is working 6 years ago i was 200lbs.
MC

#8 Wed, May 5, 2010 2:02 AM

h20dawg79
Water Ski Sage
Skis At: Old Hickory Lake, TN.
Foot Forward: left

Mark, this may not even apply to you...

So, I'm sorry for always beating this into the ground! But, try like heck to Lose the useless Fat and retain the Lean muscle mass. Too many people (most) always talk about Losing "Weight" and this can be done in so many different ways or types of wgt. i.e. Fat, muscle, water, "Colon wgt"!big_smile

But seriously, All Fat is Not useless by any means. The useless fat is any amount above your ideal %. 10-12% Body fat would be great for any Athletic male. Trying to Just keep your body as a whole, as Lb. for Lb. strong as possible and retain or even build new muscle to better yourself and improve any present weakness'...

The Body protects Fat like fort knox and will sacrifice Muscle in a Heart beat if ones diet or w/o plan is Not well planned out and constantly monitored. Ya, someone ultimately "Loses wgt." But by losing the wrong wgt. they can become a Fat and weak, skinnier person in the process... This is most noticable on Women who are consumed with dress sizes and they "Lose Wgt." to get into a size or two smaller dress size. In the dress they might Look alright, but on the Beach... -Well, lets just say; on the Beach, -Not So much... That's because they Lost too much of the Wrong wgt.sad  (a totally common mistake for both genders..)

Aint nothin' wrong with bein' Strong!smile

Wish I had a Strada!smile

"Warning" -the Surgeon General has determined; That the preceding statements accurately reflect the views and opinions consistent with "DSS" (Delusional Slalomitis Syndrome) a highly contagious life altering condition... (Handle with Extreme care & Patience)

#9 Wed, May 5, 2010 2:50 AM

Sully
Skis At: Mint Lake

Hey Guys,
Its been 8 years since I skied in the course and I ended up getting up to 300 lbs last fall. Try skiing with that much extra junk! Anyway, with hard work and eating right I have worked myself down to 220 lbs. I joined a local lake out here, bought a new boat and am back to skiing in the course again. Man, I love it. Those balls are keeping me up at night.

I am looking at getting a new ski, and Trent Finlayson will most likely be bringing a few of them to our lake for a day of lessons and demo rides. My concern is that the Strada in a 68 is only rated for skiers up to 210 lbs. These last 10 lbs have taken me several months to get off. I'm not sure how long or if its even healthy for me as H20Dawg79 has pointed out to loose another 10 lbs.

I'm currently on a 05 or 06 KD CR7 70" and am skiing 36 at 28 off. Thanks.

2008 Malibu Response LXi Currently working on 28 at 36, Ripping with the Strada!

#10 Wed, May 5, 2010 10:59 AM

Skiboy
Skis At: Pigeon Lake @ Ski Tek

Way to go Sully. Sound like me a few years ago. Amazing how little bouys floating on the water can motovate you to push your self. You'd probably feel better on a Senate C. I switched to it and it feels so much better under me.

Skiing Finatic Once Again

#11 Wed, May 5, 2010 11:21 AM

ChrisRossi

#12 Wed, May 5, 2010 11:25 AM

2gofaster

Sully, Call Radar/Square One at 425.369.6850 and ask for Eddie Roberts.  They are testing a slightly wider Strada and I'm almost positive that I saw Eddie post that he was able to do a 69 inch in it.

Shane Hill

#13 Wed, May 5, 2010 2:18 PM

EdJohnson

I skied on a 68" Strada, 6'4" @ 235, and it was fine. Should work out great for you at 220. Horton had a couple of the Wider Strada's on sale at  BallofSpray.com which is also an option.
Regards,  ED

#14 Sun, May 9, 2010 2:36 PM

TaddSchreiber
Skis At: Whitestone Lakes

Mark,
So pumped to hear the ski is working out for you.  Glad I could take care of you with it.
Let me know if you need anymore gear.
And (shameless plug), if anyone needs any Radars or anything else, just give me a buzz.
TS
tadd at h2oproshop dot com

#15 Tue, May 11, 2010 1:07 AM

TheShirt
Skis At: Clemson, SC

I'm about 165#, and bought a 66" Strada (34 mph skier) after testing an HO S-1, D3 S7ST (shich I really did like, btw), and the Strada - all after breaking a Goode 9900.  I hurt my ankle, so I've only been able to free-ski on it while testing (plus a few pointless trys on my bad ankle), and loove the feel and speed of the ski.  I free skied all the way up through 35 off just to see how it reacted at the shorter lengths.  I can't wait to get this boot off so I can ride it some more!

I had planned on skiing at Trophy Lakes at the end of the month in my first AWSA tournament in a little over 22 years, but have decided to wait til the July 4th one so I can heal.

#16 Sat, May 15, 2010 1:44 AM

MChilcutt

Update #2. I am taking a new approach to waterskiing ( i think). Rather than go out and see how far up the rope i can ski i am trying to focus on correct technique. I have a horrible habit of coming off the rope after the second wake and reaching down course giving all my earnings back to the boat. I must break this habit now or i will probly never run -35.
Anyway back to the Strada: today was my third day on it and i skied the cleanest, earliest, widest, tightest -28 i have ever skied!!!!!. When i have a nice stacked position, with equal arm pressure behind the boat amazing things are happening on this ski (the speed it creats and maintains is sick).
I have been very fortunate this spring on getting great coaching tips from several pro skiers and must say i feel very lucky indeed. So the plan is to ski alot of 22 and 28's until i can see change with my technique otherwise i am just going to continue to beat my head against the wall. One last thing i am having the time of my life with waterskiing!!!
Peace MC

Board footer