Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Thu, Feb 25, 2010 6:32 AM

H20SkiGirl
Skis At: Pulligan Pond
Foot Forward: Left

Get your Ski Shined Up - Juiy Fruit!

"Shine it up!" means lets get ready to ski. It's a reference to the old Juicy Fruit commercial, i.e. "Get your ski shined up, grab a stick of Juicy Fruit, the taste is gonna move ya ...."

Any one remember this!!!   I do and I had never skied before in my life nor did I know what it was about or know anyone who owned a boat...  Now I do and this is great!!!

Check this video out...

Observe, Listen, Learn, Share and Grow, but most of all have fun~

#2 Thu, Feb 25, 2010 4:05 PM

Garn
Skis At: Utah Lake
Foot Forward: Right

Re: Get your Ski Shined Up - Juiy Fruit!

I remember that commercial well!  It made me want to learn how to barefoot just so I could do that tumble roll.  I had many a hard crashes trying to teach myself to barefoot before I finally gave up.

Garn

#3 Thu, Feb 25, 2010 4:45 PM

MChilcutt

Garn let me know when your ready this summer and we can get you footen it is really easy with a padded suit.
MC

#4 Thu, Feb 25, 2010 7:43 PM

whatup33
Skis At: cutler

I agree with Garn,  couple years ago i got decent with barefooting with a padded suit, i could do the tumble turn on occasion, but ultimately i gave it up too.  It just seemed like unless all i wanted to do was glide i would end up in a painful crash.   i guess more power to the barefooters cuz they're a lot tougher than i am.

Chris

#5 Thu, Feb 25, 2010 8:07 PM

H20SkiGirl

Funny when I saw the commercial again I remember how fun a tumble turn is... But I for sure had a fully padded suit!!!  I am not sure if I completed one long line or not but many with my handle off the boom:0)  Too much fun!  Yes the crashes were tuff~

#6 Thu, Feb 25, 2010 8:10 PM

Pl0tz
Slalom Mentor
Skis At: Lake Anna's "hot side"

i plan on actually completing a tumble turn this season. my gf (at the time)'s step dad was teaching me, (no suit) and i lost my shorts... yes, she was on the boat... hahahaha

i swear this site is turning into my home...

#7 Fri, Feb 26, 2010 12:19 AM

h20dawg79
Water Ski Sage
Skis At: Old Hickory Lake, TN.
Foot Forward: left

Pl0tz wrote:

i plan on actually completing a tumble turn this season. my gf (at the time)'s step dad was teaching me, (no suit) and i lost my shorts... yes, she was on the boat... hahahaha

That's funny! Good thing you didn't lose Body parts!yikes

"Warning" -the Surgeon General has determined; That the preceding statements accurately reflect the views and opinions consistent with "DSS" (Delusional Slalomitis Syndrome) a highly contagious life altering condition... (Handle with Extreme care & Patience)

#8 Fri, Feb 26, 2010 7:20 AM

ColinCanski
Skis At: Gosfield WSC

Check out the counter rotation of the hips at 13 seconds. Old School technique I think?

Ski to Live - Live to Ski

#9 Fri, Feb 26, 2010 7:52 AM

H20SkiGirl

Lol too funny!!!

#10 Fri, Feb 26, 2010 1:05 PM

h20dawg79
Water Ski Sage
Skis At: Old Hickory Lake, TN.
Foot Forward: left

ColinCanski wrote:

Check out the counter rotation of the hips at 13 seconds. Old School technique I think?

How in the world did you ever get past the 4sec. mark? big_smile wink

Last edited by h20dawg79 (Fri, Feb 26, 2010 1:07 PM)

"Warning" -the Surgeon General has determined; That the preceding statements accurately reflect the views and opinions consistent with "DSS" (Delusional Slalomitis Syndrome) a highly contagious life altering condition... (Handle with Extreme care & Patience)

#11 Fri, Feb 26, 2010 3:41 PM

Garn

Mark, thanks for the offer.  But I am 50 years old. Granted, I'm the envy of every guy here and all your wives want me. But still, the idea of those hard crashes just doesn't do it for me anymore.

#12 Fri, Feb 26, 2010 6:31 PM

snow1122

I learned to barefoot all because of the tumble turns. They looked so much fun when my husband did it, I got hooked:o)
Yes, falls are tough, couple of years ago I bruised my eye balls......
Proper gear a must always!

Snow

#13 Fri, Feb 26, 2010 10:48 PM

whatup33
Skis At: cutler

One of the funnest things i used to do in college was take a group of newbies out and show them how to barefoot off the boom.   The funny part as most of you know is once you've done it its so easy to do.  so i would just slide out the end of the boom, foot for a minute and crawl back into the boat to give everyone some confidence to go try it themselves,  but without fail almost everytime out somebody would eat it, lose their shorts, faceplant or do something that had us rolling on the floor laughing.  that was some good times

i try to just stick to skiing these days

Chris

Board footer