Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /nfs/c07/h01/mnt/111479/domains/proskicoach.com/html/forum/include/common.php on line 58

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /nfs/c07/h01/mnt/111479/domains/proskicoach.com/html/forum/include/common.php:58) in /nfs/c07/h01/mnt/111479/domains/proskicoach.com/html/forum/header.php on line 31

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /nfs/c07/h01/mnt/111479/domains/proskicoach.com/html/forum/include/common.php:58) in /nfs/c07/h01/mnt/111479/domains/proskicoach.com/html/forum/header.php on line 32

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /nfs/c07/h01/mnt/111479/domains/proskicoach.com/html/forum/include/common.php:58) in /nfs/c07/h01/mnt/111479/domains/proskicoach.com/html/forum/header.php on line 33

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /nfs/c07/h01/mnt/111479/domains/proskicoach.com/html/forum/include/common.php:58) in /nfs/c07/h01/mnt/111479/domains/proskicoach.com/html/forum/header.php on line 34
molded vest question / Pro Ski Coach Water Ski Forum
Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Wed, Feb 24, 2010 8:22 PM

ToddF
Skis At: mudhole
Foot Forward: right

molded vest question

Does anyone have use a molded vest that they can actually float in?

I have a pullover attack something.  I actually sewed a couple of extra pieces into it but I still float at upper lip/nose level.  And the top button unpops and then the zipper unzips. If I was good I would sew some velcro instead of the button, but I doubt the duct tape would last very long.

So anyone just love their vest?

Todd

#2 Thu, Feb 25, 2010 6:58 AM

StevenHaines
Slalom Mentor
Skis At: Canyon Lake, Ca.
Website

Re: molded vest question

I use water wings! You know, those little blow up floaties they put on infants arms. Ha Ha   couldn't resist   (sorry)

#3 Thu, Feb 25, 2010 7:41 AM

ToddF
Skis At: mudhole

I tried those but I couldn't get my elbows close to my hips.

#4 Thu, Feb 25, 2010 7:47 AM

HO410
Skis At: Outlaw Lake
Foot Forward: Right

Competition (aka not coast-guard approved vests) are not really known for their floating prowess. Some do better than others, but I can't think of many that couldn't sink if you tried. The ones that do float well missed CG certification by a inches not miles. Where you are floating sounds about like what I see from other skiers and myself. Do pay attention that you are not exhaling on your downward bob, that's like pumping your legs on a swing.

#5 Thu, Feb 25, 2010 12:48 PM

StevenHaines
Slalom Mentor
Skis At: Canyon Lake, Ca.
Website

A buddy of mine is using an Eagle brand vest. He is around 205 and says that it floats him well! They look cool too!

#6 Sat, Mar 27, 2010 7:12 AM

Jim5
Foot Forward: Right

check the posts on the Eagle vests. They can make you a vest with all the flotation you need. They offer different mil thicknesses of foam. Costs and extra $50 to have something custom.
Check out my vest, check Tadd's add-on this week.
They're made out of wet suit material, so they're flexible. They pull around you real tight like a wet-suit, so see if you can try on one before ordering a custom.

Board footer