OK whoever is the closest to guessing the first day we can launch at Provo harbor (not into the river sorry Keith) and drive to course # 1 without having to drive the boat thru ice gets 2 sets behind my boat and a beverage of your choice no charge redeemable anytime in 2010. Deadline for entry is March 1st, 2010 at midnight MTN time. "Small print at bottom of page"One guess per person Airfare and accomadations not included i will decide who wins if we have say a tie decision type of thingy happen!! after all this is my contest. So for once in my life i get to make the rules. That is funny you should be laughing after that last part. So enter now!!!! What are you waiting for the ice is melting?
MC [img][/img] "Current view of the lake here" http://www.livelakeview.com/lakes/utahlake/provo.html
If your under 18 yrs of age and win you must have a parent or gaurdian present on the day of skiing. Not sure how i handle liability on this???
Entries Name Date Time
Wade Williams 3/10 8AM
Plotz 3/11 3:03pm
Mchilcutt 3/12 10:00am
Scot Chipman 3/13 10:30am
T8skier 3/14 3:13pm
JT 3/16 2:00pm
Steve Haines 3/17 1:37pm
philgood 3/18 1:37pm
ScaredofCorbets 3/19 10:30am
Last edited by MChilcutt (Fri, Mar 12, 2010 8:56 AM)
I am entering my own contest because i can, due to the fact that i make the rules!!!! remember??? I know i cant drive and ski at the same time so lets just say if i do guess it whoever is the next closest wins.
March 12th @ 10AM
Last edited by MChilcutt (Sun, Feb 28, 2010 5:23 PM)
16 degrees outside when I woke up this morning...brrrrr! I'm down for this competition. How about if I guess the day exactly, you sell me your Response for $20K?
Travis you are a funny man. 2006 LXI for 20K did you want the tandem axle trailer??? let me think uhhmmm NOT!!
Wow you guys have boxed me in with the 19th and 21st guesses! Oh well, doesn't matter since the 20th will be the day AND I'll get that response LXI I've always wanted ...if only for two sets
Last edited by tjo (Mon, Feb 22, 2010 4:57 PM)
Saturday March 13th at noon. Go to http://www.livelakeview.com/lakes/utahlake/provo.html and watch the ice melt!
Ok MC.... The boat launch is in that harbor where the web cam is? And, it looks as if the harbor is protected (mostly land locked) is there a large opening into this harbor? And lastly, is there a prevailing wind blowing into that harbor? Because looking at the weather forcast for that area and the projected wind, you could be looking as early as the 10th at 2:15pm! That is, if the harbor is un-protected and it remains windy. I'll wait to hear back for my final vote. Ha Ha
Yes it is land locked with a very small opening that allows NNW rollers in. We have some SW, SSW, N NNW wind. When storms come in we can get really strong south winds followed by a north wind. Good luck.
I was really hoping you guys could be skiing as early as the 10th but with that being land locked my final answer is the 17th at 1:37 pm. Hey-O!!! Sorry dude, I was really being optomistic for you but you really need some wind/wave activity going on to get that harbor broken up! I don't want you Utah dudes pulling any monkey business at night with an axe ok???!!! ha ha
I took a look at 12:40 pacific time and someone took over and zoomed in on someone in a white pickup by the exit (throwing rocks) of the harbor. Aren't you supposed to be working MC! ha ha Looks like that big mass of ice outside the harbor has blown away and you're getting some erosion of the ice inside the harbor. Won't be long, but it sure looks cold!!!
Ya im working but i pay a neighbor (a 4 pack of red bull) who is out of work to go down and throw rocks at the ice he is really cool when it comes to helping his neighbors out of a "cold situation". I hope your laughing i know i am.lol
The ice looks solid,so i say april 1 in the afternoon. We have our first tournament april 24 and as the situation looks today, i wondering if we has to use the chainsaw to get our lake free from ice. :-)
I took a peek earlier today. There was a big iceberg floating by the inlet and it doesn't look like it has receded much just in side the harbor. You need to get your buddy out there throwing some more rocks!
Wont be long now!! I have extended the entry time if you would like to guess. If we get some strong north or south wind we could be skiing.
I'm starting to think that I might want to change my date. Unless it warms up pretty quick I'm not to optimistic about my date!