Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#26 Mon, Jan 25, 2010 11:15 PM

Griff
Skis At: Richmond Water Ski Club
Foot Forward: Right

Re: You know you're a skier when...

...when your gym bag contains a slalom handle.

#27 Mon, Jan 25, 2010 11:21 PM

TVanO
Foot Forward: LFF

you look forward to dead skunks littering the roads because that coincides with the first open water of the season.

#28 Tue, Jan 26, 2010 3:44 AM

aslalomboy
Skis At: buchli lake
Foot Forward: left

your wife tells you to talk about something other than skiing

#29 Tue, Jan 26, 2010 1:34 PM

h20dawg79
Water Ski Sage
Skis At: Old Hickory Lake, TN.

When you proudly keep your boat waxed & polished, wiping her down every time at the top of the ramp, (even "casually" dbl. checking any sections that were wiped by anyone other then yourself!) intently removing all evidence of any Lake water and future enemy water spots.   -But, can Hardly remember the last time you even washed the 'ol truck!!!big_smile

"Warning" -the Surgeon General has determined; That the preceding statements accurately reflect the views and opinions consistent with "DSS" (Delusional Slalomitis Syndrome) a highly contagious life altering condition... (Handle with Extreme care & Patience)

#30 Tue, Jan 26, 2010 6:44 PM

Thomas Wayne

...when you find yourself strolling over to check out the water-sports section at Sports Authority, even though you know they'll only have wallly junk and the sole reason you're there is to pick up some new lifting gloves (which are at the opposite end of the store).

This behavior is reasonably normal, but if you do the same thing at WalMart you may have a serious problem.  You may also have a serious problem if you do this at Sports Authority during the winter months, when they don't even have any water-sports gear on display...

TW

#31 Tue, Jan 26, 2010 11:29 PM

ToddF
Skis At: mudhole
Foot Forward: right

You have sets of ski lake plans overlayed from google earth, just in case that farmer will sell.
You also have a set of plans that include an indoor ski lake.  "Just in case you win the lottery"

#32 Wed, Jan 27, 2010 12:25 AM

laz

Man, I'm guilty of just about all of these.

Mine:

1) Your wife asks why you have Google Earth's measuring device open every time you look at an Ontario cottage country lake.

2) In March, temperature is not important, just lake hardness.

3) There are two types of skiing: skiing and snow skiing and you can't understand why all your Canadian friends don't get it.

I definitely snow ski and imagine I'm going through the course.

#33 Wed, Jan 27, 2010 4:12 AM

MattP
Skis At: Searching
Foot Forward: Left

I agree with the google earth measuring tool, I occasionally talke the time to measure local pons, small lakes, and plots of land and my brother always wonders why (he wakeboards he will never understand)

Last edited by MattP (Wed, Jan 27, 2010 4:13 AM)

Looking for a place to ski near Kennesaw, Ga.
-MattP

#34 Wed, Jan 27, 2010 6:58 PM

whatup33
Skis At: cutler

... when you have a local meteoroligist phone # on speed dial that gives you exact wind speeds and direction

... when you check the weather thru the entire winter months to see if there's a day the temp reaches above 40 degrees so you can ski, and part of your plan includes a half a day breaking up the ice enough to launch the boat

... when you've slept in your boat instead of paying for a hotel not because you're cheap, but because you know it will help you get on the water that much earlier

Chris

#35 Wed, Jan 27, 2010 8:03 PM

ToddF
Skis At: mudhole

Your kids know how to check the Army Corps of Engineers web site and can tell you what the river level is.  Because you forgot to check. 

We have a shallow entrance and if you don't check you could need a new prop.

When this question is asked "Oh so you guys are boaters"
My children say "no we're not boaters we are skiers." followed by a "there's a big difference"

#36 Wed, Jan 27, 2010 8:53 PM

philgood
Skis At: 22' off @32 mph

yes thats soooo frustrating!

You can't take life too seriously because you'll never get out of it alive."

#37 Wed, Jan 27, 2010 9:21 PM

skibuddy
Skis At:
Foot Forward: RFF

.....the hair on the back of your neck stands up everytime you are talking to someone and when the subject of skiing the course comes up, they say.."Oh, I USED to do that"... If that many people "used" to ski the course, then the sport "wouldn't be dying"!

#38 Wed, Jan 27, 2010 9:45 PM

Pl0tz
Slalom Mentor
Skis At: Lake Anna's "hot side"

i say "i've just started gettin out on the course!" i'm not letting this sport die.. yet... prayin i'm not alone with saying that either!!
:]

i swear this site is turning into my home...

#39 Thu, Jan 28, 2010 12:19 AM

skibrain

....3/4 of the T-shirts in your drawer have something to do with waterskiing and your wife suggests that for a date night perhaps you could wear something other than a waterski shirt.

http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL680/2877032/13116652/259812590.jpg

http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL680/2877032/5801146/191015595.jpg

Last edited by skibrain (Thu, Jan 28, 2010 12:21 AM)

#40 Thu, Jan 28, 2010 6:37 PM

ColinCanski
Skis At: Gosfield WSC

...ever you have to plan a journey by road rail or plane you know where all the slalom courses en-route are.
To reaffirm this knowledge,
You slow down on the highway, just in case you get a glimpse of a skier, even in winter.
You sit on the left hand side of the train, just in case you get a glimpse of a skier, even in winter.
You ask the check-in girl for a seat near the front on the right, just in case you get a glimpse of a skier, even in winter.

And one from today;

Boss, 'why are you standing with one leg behind the other?'

Last edited by ColinCanski (Thu, Jan 28, 2010 6:57 PM)

Ski to Live - Live to Ski

#41 Thu, Jan 28, 2010 6:51 PM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier
Skis At: Not short enough

...you find yourself taking pictures of slalom courses while driving at excessive speeds down the highway, like Lake Norman on I77 in NC

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2796/4310083827_f3da9f9a7e.jpg

#42 Thu, Jan 28, 2010 7:21 PM

Jhughes
Skis At: Lake County, IL

When approaching an airport at low altitude you look out the plane window at every single pond-like feature on the ground, searching for that familiar pattern of buoys.

#43 Thu, Jan 28, 2010 11:47 PM

h20dawg79
Water Ski Sage

Without a spoken word, -your wife can determine that today is a "Ski Day"!

Without a spoken word, -your wife can tell that today "was" a Ski Day! wink (not to mention, she already knows if you ran Good sets or Bad ones B4 you even open your mouth!)big_smile

No surprises around my House, How does she do it?!?!

"Warning" -the Surgeon General has determined; That the preceding statements accurately reflect the views and opinions consistent with "DSS" (Delusional Slalomitis Syndrome) a highly contagious life altering condition... (Handle with Extreme care & Patience)

#44 Fri, Jan 29, 2010 1:51 AM

Pl0tz
Slalom Mentor
Skis At: Lake Anna's "hot side"

h20dawg79 wrote:

No surprises around my House, How does she do it?!?!

answer: she's a women. hmm

also....

u know ur a skier when,
- a someone mentions "Physics" and u immediately think about your turns!
- you wanna flip out every time that one jet skier/ tuber cut across the glass you just found...
- To you, the word "glass" has nothing to do with what's in a window OR what you drink you of!

i swear this site is turning into my home...

#45 Fri, Jan 29, 2010 3:50 AM

MattP

If your family and friends ask why your standing with one foot in front another in all of your pictures from your trip.... and all you  can say is that it is more natural than standing normal and any time is a good time too practice balance http://www.proskicoach.com/forum/uploads/thumbs/4700_22035_282325847104_699597104_3842616_8301895_n.jpg

-MattP

#46 Fri, Jan 29, 2010 1:37 PM

condi74
Skis At: Bonney's Ski Park

-All your gym sets are designed for maximum effort for no more than 17 seconds
-You practice your slalom turns walking round the house... and the office - difficult to explain without looking like a complete moron!
-You pass on Friday night poker because 5am Saturday - SKI DAY starts
-You've never priced a Flat screen TV but you know the exact price of your next 4 purchases at the ski shop
-You consider moving State or Country based on the standard and quantity of ski spots
-You spend more time with your ski buddy than anyone else outside your immediate family
-It's friday night, your lounge room is full of women and you're in the study contributing to a forum about water skiing... oh dear... time to go now.

#47 Fri, Jan 29, 2010 2:22 PM

h20dawg79
Water Ski Sage

MattP wrote:

If your family and friends ask why your standing with one foot in front another in all of your pictures from your trip.... and all you  can say is that it is more natural than standing normal and any time is a good time too practice balance http://www.proskicoach.com/forum/upload … 1895_n.jpg

Hey Matt, I Love the cool Ski Monument behind you! big_smile

#48 Sat, Jan 30, 2010 2:00 AM

MattP

Thanks h2odawg!

-MattP

#49 Sat, Jan 30, 2010 7:19 PM

ColinCanski
Skis At: Gosfield WSC

...ever you or anyone else around you is taking part in any other sport, your constantly drawing parallels with whatever your coach is telling you to be doing behind the boat.

Ski to Live - Live to Ski

#50 Sun, Jan 31, 2010 1:42 PM

Skiboy
Skis At: Pigeon Lake @ Ski Tek

You know ur a skier when u take your GPS out on the ice and locate your course sittting under 20 inches of ice on the bottum of the lake and start running around the imaginary bouys , stretching your arms out for your best turns ever, perfect form right through the whole course. Neighbours looking at you like you are wacked.lol

Skiing Finatic Once Again

Board footer