Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Fri, Nov 27, 2009 4:58 PM

Garn
Skis At: Utah Lake
Foot Forward: Right

Where's the 43 attempt?

Hey Chris,

Incredible video of you running 41 on the new Strada.   You really make it look like you should be running it every day!  You make it look that easy.  There's also a new video of Mapple doing it.  My question is how come neither of you show an attempt at 43 off?  Do you just stop at 41?  If so, why?  When (not if) you make a 41 in a tournament in 2010, you'll then go for 43.  I would think that you would want some previous practice at that line length.  I for one would love to see you go for 43 even if you didn't even make one ball.

Garn

#2 Sat, Nov 28, 2009 3:14 AM

ChrisRossi

Re: Where's the 43 attempt?

Garn,
     I did not attempt 43 on that set.  After 3 tries at 41, I called it quits.  I agree with you that I need to be skiing it more.

#3 Sat, Nov 28, 2009 3:38 AM

philgood
Skis At: 22' off @32 mph
Foot Forward: Left

thats insane that you can even THINK of practicing 43 off!

You can't take life too seriously because you'll never get out of it alive."

#4 Sat, Nov 28, 2009 1:34 PM

ChrisRossi

It's all an evolution of where your skiing is at.  If this happened overnight, it would be pretty insane.   Since I have made it my life's work for the better part of the last 20 years , it's just another logical step along the way.  The more that you put into your skiing, the more you can expect to get back.  Water time isn't everything, you have to develop sound technique and have a greater understanding of every aspect of your skiing in order to progress.  Not only that, but you have to have yourself in peak physical condition.  All of these things take an investment in time and energy.  There are plenty of "tests" along the way, but as we skiers know, the reward is that much sweeter when it is achieved!  Stay motivated every day and don't lose focus on your path.

#5 Sat, Nov 28, 2009 7:31 PM

MChilcutt
Skis At: Utah Lake

I agree with what Rossi states here. Yesterday my -28's were so effortless but knowing my weak core strenght and the cold water zapping everything out of me i never hooked on to -32. Instead i went back to 22 and then back to 28. Just glad to be skiing with no lower back pain.

Rossi,
        That 41 is amazing to watch keep up the hard work you inspire many to ski.

MC

#6 Thu, Dec 17, 2009 5:57 PM

CamRon

The release of this video will be no joke... Chris, have you ever sampled 45' off just to get a feel for what it would take?

[Tactic Media] [Slow Motion Ski Edits Dropping Summer 2010]

Board footer