Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Tue, Dec 15, 2009 9:21 PM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier
Skis At: Not short enough
Foot Forward: Right

Live Chat-Marcus Brown - Jan 7 @ 1:30PM Eastern, 10:30AM Pacific

This thread is closed. To talk more about Marcus' Live Video Chats, go to this thread:

Next Live Video Chat

Last edited by WadeWilliams (Fri, Jan 8, 2010 5:03 PM)

#2 Tue, Dec 15, 2009 10:45 PM

MattP
Skis At: Searching
Foot Forward: Left

Re: Live Chat-Marcus Brown - Jan 7 @ 1:30PM Eastern, 10:30AM Pacific

Sounds like a good time to me!

Looking for a place to ski near Kennesaw, Ga.
-MattP

#3 Tue, Dec 15, 2009 11:52 PM

MarcusBrown

Hey guys, stoked to have a place to make something like this happen! 

Big thanks to Wade Williams for continually growing this site into what it is today, and for the opportunity to get on a live chat with you guys.

Lets here some potential topics:  What do you want to hear about?  Its wide open!

Let some people know too,....the more the Merrier!!  Afterall, it is the season isn't it??....to be Merry....

#4 Wed, Dec 16, 2009 4:05 AM

Skiboy
Skis At: Pigeon Lake @ Ski Tek

Hey that sounds great, but working at that time, still making money so i can get down there in Febuary.
Happy Holidays fellow skiers.lol

Skiing Finatic Once Again

#5 Wed, Dec 16, 2009 5:50 AM

rhsprostar

Very Cool...

Ok how about getting the most out of a week at ski school?  How to find one.  What to ask while there, things to focus on(or not), trying new equipment out or not, etc.  This time of year many skiers dream about going south for a few sets, and it would be great to get some info in advance.

Fin settings for amateurs.....leave it to the pros or are the joes capable?  Will it hurt more than it helps?

Do skis actually wear out? Is a used high end slalom a good buy?  Do skis become softer as they age?

Maintaining speed throughout the course...how important is it?  What are the keys?  How do you keep quick and light especially after the second wake and around the ball?

Just a couple of ideas........big_smile

#6 Wed, Dec 16, 2009 2:11 PM

StevenHaines
Slalom Mentor
Skis At: Canyon Lake, Ca.
Foot Forward: right

Good stuff Wade! I really appreciate your dedication to the sport and your ideas to get us "Face to Face" with the icons of the industry! Keep up the good work! I'll be there!

#7 Wed, Dec 16, 2009 2:26 PM

Griff
Skis At: Richmond Water Ski Club

Hey Marcus.
How about your thoughts on starting a new rope length or speed?
What is the key to getting a good gate consistantly?
Talk about edge change, when you start it and how you complete the turn.  Where you look.
What are your thoughts on body movement and weight distribution?
Some skiers look like they ski smoothly out of each buoy and some look like it is a three step process... turn, stop, then GO FAST!  What are your thoughts on this?
Thanks for your time.  Griff

#8 Wed, Dec 16, 2009 10:04 PM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier

Not sure if we were able to capture this week's live chat for podcast / re broadcast. If you made it, what do you think?

#9 Wed, Dec 16, 2009 10:27 PM

Pl0tz
Slalom Mentor
Skis At: Lake Anna's "hot side"

i was able to see almost half of it & have to say, Can't wait 4 the next! 4 me, this off season has been SLOWWWWWWWW so hearing Marcus answer some questions was a great way to mentally think about my goals and what i need to work on for the season/ when ever i can get out to the water. 

thanks again both Wade & Marcus!!

-plotz

i swear this site is turning into my home...

#10 Wed, Dec 16, 2009 10:42 PM

tjo

Wade, I thought it was cool.   Sounds like most of us participated while at work, which made it even cooler big_smile

Only problem is, it makes me want to go skiing and it's December!!

Marcus, thanks for taking the time out of your schedule to do this.  It was cool to listen to your thoughts on the industry and the state of waterskiing in general.

Travis Ogden

#11 Thu, Dec 17, 2009 7:24 AM

ColinCanski
Skis At: Gosfield WSC

I enjoyed it. Unfortunately my connection speed was slow yesterday so the video lin kept dropping out and that was torture!

I like the 'How to get the Best of of Ski School' as a topic.

Ski to Live - Live to Ski

#12 Thu, Dec 17, 2009 9:43 AM

danbirch
Slasher
Skis At: Canyon Lake, CA

I came in late, but what I saw was outstanding.  Computers need to have a VCR!  Thank you to Marcus and Wade.

#13 Thu, Dec 17, 2009 1:58 PM

Jhughes
Skis At: Lake County, IL

Definitely well executed. Smooth video and audio the whole time. I loved the live QA format. I think that's the way to go. Maybe have a couple pre-questions to be used only if there is dead air, but otherwise take live questions. I think the most interesting part was MB talking about the ruling bodies of water skiing and how the sport could change and evolve in regards to competitions, rules, ratings, etc. This is an area that seems to have a ton of potential in our sport.

#14 Thu, Dec 17, 2009 2:32 PM

skibuddy
Skis At:
Foot Forward: RFF

Marcus/Wade, Listened to the whole thing and thought it was great. One topic I'd like to see discussed is organization/progression. I have had several lessons from different pros and there are several common threads...square to the boat, equal arm pressure,COM,counter rotate,etc. The problem, at least for me, is the fact that everything happens so fast and there is no way to work on everything at once. I would like to hear your opinion on a prioritized,systematic "training schedule" of what you feel needs to be worked on first,second,third...etc. How many different aspects can you work on on a particular pass/set, when to move to the next movement......Realizing that everyone is different, and every set is different, it would be nice to have an idea, from a professional standpoint, what is a logical approach to this whole process...Like you have told me Marcus, there comes a time when we have to "just ski"...Thanks for what you guys are doing...Joe

#15 Thu, Dec 17, 2009 6:06 PM

mgb

I thought it rocked.  I was able to ask a question easily and Marcus was great answering in depth.  Out of his response I picked up one sentence that made a light go off in my head.  That light will be on the next time im on the water.  just learning something little will make it all worth while for all of us....

#16 Mon, Dec 21, 2009 3:40 PM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier

Next chat will be this Wednesday, December 23, at 1:30 PM mountain time.

Any topics you'd like to see discussed please post them here... we'll also take live questions during the video chat.

Last edited by WadeWilliams (Tue, Dec 22, 2009 10:14 PM)

#17 Mon, Dec 21, 2009 4:23 PM

MChilcutt
Skis At: Utah Lake

I see ya now at the top of the page in big bold letters Wednesday Dec 23rd. Any chances Marcus will capture this one for a re run? I will miss the video due to blockage at work.

Thanks, MC

#18 Mon, Dec 21, 2009 10:28 PM

MChilcutt

Questions.
#1 IYHO How much of it is the user and not neccasarily the tool we are riding that takes us to the next level?
#2 Do you believe waterskies break down and loss life after sets. If so how often would you replace a ski?
#3 How important do you feel it is to change ski set up for changing water temps? Example in Utah we ski water in the 40's and 50's spring and fall. Summer months get into the upper to mid 70's. So would you change depth and length?
#4 Can you recall transitioning through -35? If so how old were you and was it like a whole new game at that length?
#5 Will you be spending any time in Utah this winter for some skiing?

A few questions from my 11 yr old daughter Sienna for Marcus.
How old were you when you started skiing in a course.
Now that you are one of the best in the world who do you look up to in profess sports?

Thanks, MC

Last edited by MChilcutt (Thu, Dec 24, 2009 8:24 PM)

#19 Tue, Dec 22, 2009 3:51 AM

rhsprostar

The first one rocked...I will try to make the next one..still have christmas shopping to do!....Rob

Last edited by rhsprostar (Tue, Dec 22, 2009 3:54 AM)

#20 Tue, Dec 22, 2009 5:38 PM

MattP
Skis At: Searching

I have family coming into town hopefully I can sneak away from every one for a little bit to watch.

Looking for a place to ski near Kennesaw, Ga.
-MattP

#21 Wed, Dec 23, 2009 6:29 AM

JasonHutchins
Skis At: I wish I had a place

Oh bad timing we will be out skiing all day tomorrow!!! Hope it goes well though, great idea, way to go Mr. Williams!!!

#22 Wed, Dec 23, 2009 12:07 PM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier

Make that thursday - Marcus is running around Chico trying to purchase real estate from the Bank this afternoon...

And we're pretty confident about being able to actually record & reproduce this one.

#23 Wed, Dec 23, 2009 1:32 PM

Zane

boy thats rough huh Jason skiing all day...I will definatly try to attend this one Wade...gotta entertain the in laws for a while but I will sneak away for a bit to catch some of it at least.  and if I dont make it I wish everyone a Merry christmas and happy new year.

#24 Wed, Dec 23, 2009 6:15 PM

Garn

Thursday!  Damn!  I am ready to go today.  Not sure about tomorrow.  I might be snowskiing.

Garn

#25 Wed, Dec 23, 2009 7:14 PM

ColinCanski
Skis At: Gosfield WSC

How to get the most out of ski school.

Ski to Live - Live to Ski

Board footer