Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Sun, Sep 26, 2010 8:29 AM

dave-aus

Noise from a Mastercraft 190 400hp

Im from Australia and looking at buyin a Mastercraft boat for jump and slalom. Im looing around for a TT that is suitable (Porbably  a NIGHTMARE) i was wondering if anyone has been in one and could tell me how loud and or noisy they are both inside the boat and out of the pipes they are? and overall what kind of boat they are like in all aspects

#2 Mon, Sep 27, 2010 7:43 PM

Otisg

Re: Noise from a Mastercraft 190 400hp

Do you mean like this?

http://www.proskicoach.com/forum/uploads/5760_mvc-001f.jpg

I had one sold it because the "girls" didn't like the wake #26-28 mph - because of the increased block weight (about 200lbs.).

It was noisier inside the boat than a 5.7 largely because that airscoop molded into the engine cover is real. It wasn't bad though - a little harder to hear the skier's commands when starting......
The noise behind the boat wasn't any more than a 5.7 - gas use is about the same.
GREAT boat though - A barefooter from Wisconsin owns it now & LOVES it!
Go for it!.
Best,
Otis

#3 Tue, Nov 16, 2010 6:06 PM

DW

Re: Noise from a Mastercraft 190 400hp

It will all depend on the type of exhaust system fitted to the boat.  The 197 TT on our lake is very quiet due to being equipped with a silent rider system.  As noted above, one with an intake scoop on the engine cover will transmit noise to the occupants.  The non silent rider boats on the lake are noisier.  There is a lot of variation in noise based on year and setup, there are some MC's that are quite noisy.  Better check before the purchase.

Board footer