Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Sun, Sep 5, 2010 1:35 AM

IWantAGoode

GOODE 9800 help please!!!

Hello, I am looking to buy a new ski. This is my 2nd season in tourmnents and 3rd season competeing in tourneys and I am from KY which is LITTERED with GOODE'S!!! Right now I am on a RadaR Annex. I like it but I want an all carbon ski ( I am skiing deep into 36 and getting into 22) and something with a little more speed. I was thinking the GOODE 9800. Anyone reccomend it? Also I want to put my RadaR RS-1's on it can i drill into it? NEED HELP NEXT SEASON DEPENDS ON IT!!!!!!

#2 Sun, Sep 5, 2010 2:25 AM

MattP
Skis At: Searching
Foot Forward: Left

Re: GOODE 9800 help please!!!

Check here http://goode.com/wsmodel2008SLsalespgm001.htm I think you will find what you are looking for.

Looking for a place to ski near Kennesaw, Ga.
-MattP

#3 Sun, Sep 5, 2010 2:26 PM

BudMan
Skis At: Bud Lake
Foot Forward: Left

I called Goode and asked about drilling into their skis. They told me Yes and No. Yes to 9700 and older. No to 9800 and newer.

I have a 9700 with threaded inserts for Radar RS-1 bindings. It is the standard HO pattern. The ski is a 65.5” soft flex. It skis great. You can mess-up and still run a pass. I have a -38 video of me basically stop skiing after two ball and then still run the whole pass.
As awesome as this ski is, I think I like my Fisher better. I would probably be willing to sell the Goode. Anyone interested in buying it?

By the way, after hearing a lot about the 9800, it sounds like that model was a flop to the point that Goode can’t get rid of them. I saw where they have even cut the price in half. You might want to stay away from the 9800, but that is up to you. I have never skied on a 9800, but I know the 9700 is awesome. I also heard of people having trouble with the 9900 breaking and breaking down.

Good luck.

Life is great! Enjoy every minute!

#4 Sun, Sep 5, 2010 4:00 PM

IWantAGoode

9800SL and 9800 skis are only compatible with boots and bindings installed with the Inter-Loc.  If you are using a binding other than Goode, the bindings must be installed first on a Goode Universal PowerPlate, which then attaches to the ski, without using screws, with our exclusive Inter-Loc technology. I got that off the link but on the warrenty part it says this      Stripped screws (provided the bindings were properly mounted as specified in GOODE's Technical Manual.)

#5 Sun, Sep 5, 2010 7:10 PM

david38off
Slasher
Skis At: 34 mph
Foot Forward: left

They are having a sale as you probably have seen above in MattP post.  Do NOT drill into the 9800.  Buy their "powerplate" and just velcro the plate to the ski with 250 velcro on the ski and 400 velcro on the plate. (as stated above by IWANTAGOODE).  You cannot go wrong with the GOODE skis. As far as performance goes.  I have been on a Goode since the 9700 came out and LOVE em!!  smile  One other note , make sure you replace the velcro every yr for safety.  I have had a couple times where I had nasty falls from pre releasing velcro, but I was lazy and had not changed it timely.  I would also buy the 'CLEAR" velcro, not the black.  It is much easier to replace and does not leave a film when removed.  It works/holds every bit as good as the black.

#6 Wed, Sep 15, 2010 1:06 AM

dancin

On the 400 clear velcro, where is a good source?
I will have three skis with this and I would like to get some spare material.

Board footer