Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Thu, Aug 27, 2009 3:47 PM

smoothasglass
Foot Forward: Rt

Gates and pullout

I'm sure this has been covered but in different ways. Would you'all just give your thoughts on the visual ques you use for the pullout and setup for gates and when to pull thru to gates. I have taken to a one handed keeping up the speed on pullout. Hitting 15 off @34 no sweat and getting 22@33 regular now, but know gates are going to have to get better and better. One course I get on has no 55m balls. So even more important to use other ques. Anytime anybody is in Myrtle Beach. ping me for a pull.8432227040

#2 Thu, Aug 27, 2009 5:18 PM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier
Skis At: Not short enough
Foot Forward: Right

Re: Gates and pullout

Read Keys to Slalom Gates by the Rossi.

#3 Fri, Aug 28, 2009 1:18 PM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier
Skis At: Not short enough
Foot Forward: Right

As far as pulling out without the 55s goes, just try and keep your eyes @ where you're going to be ... skiing around 1. Keeping the widest-lense peripheral vision is the best thing you can do. You can't just time it  by looking at the entrance gates alone, as you've figured out. You want to be able to see 5 line up with the gates. The exact timing is something you're going to have to experiment with.

#4 Sat, Aug 29, 2009 7:43 AM

smoothasglass
Foot Forward: Rt

Thanks Wade I can't wait to send you a tape very soon!.

Board footer