Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Sat, Aug 22, 2009 7:48 PM

mbabiash
Foot Forward: left foot forward

ski bouncing?

I just finished a couple of sets and felt good.  I ran back to back 34 mph 15 off passes with ease.
My problem is, my ski partner said that my ski was bouncing the entire time through my pass.  Not only at the ball but during the edge change as well.  I ski a 66 166 Wide Ride with factory settings with RS1 bindings at 29.75 from tail.  I know, most of the time a ski bounces, it is because you are riding to far back on the ski.  Is this always true or could the bindings be too far back for me.  I feel like I have equal weight on both feet.  Sorry, I'm rambling!

I'm ready to shorten the rope but I want to fix this before I do that. 
Matt

#2 Sat, Aug 22, 2009 8:16 PM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier
Skis At: Not short enough
Foot Forward: Right

Re: ski bouncing?

If the ski is bouncing it's not so much being on the back as it is pushing on the back of the ski. Try to ride over the top of the ski more, pretending you are feather-light. Your weight could be centered far enough forward already but hard to tell from outside the virtual coaching infrastructure. Make sure your front knee stays bent and you aren't adding force to the ski through your back foot.

www.proskicoach.com/skis/Goode/9900 WSL/2009

Looks like you're already a hair forward so try that.

#3 Sat, Aug 22, 2009 9:39 PM

mbabiash
Foot Forward: left foot forward

Thanks Wade
I'll try that.  I have been trying to get some good footage so that I can do a virtual lesson with you, but it seems like every time I film, my skiing sucks and the footage is worthless. 

I should get some video soon and sign up for a lesson.

Matt

#4 Sat, Aug 22, 2009 11:19 PM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier
Skis At: Not short enough
Foot Forward: Right

It's hard to be positive about your skiing when you think it sucks. I know what it feels like to look at video and think that you were skiing better than you really were. If you do a lesson with one video and then go ski a set before you upload the second, you'll be able to apply the techniques you learn with immediate review.

The truth is, you're never going to be satisfied with the video... even if you ran 2@43... because you'll be ticked you didn't get to 3. It's in the nature of the sport to never be satisfied. Don't wait until the last second this season to jump on the Virtual Coaching while it is still available.

The basic premise of virtual coaching is we know your video is not going to look like a pro skier. We're here to help. Starting your lesson sooner will give you more time to incorporate what you need to do into your skiing. People spend how many thousands of dollars on skis to get a few more buoys... when really all they need is some consistent advice from a pro coach.

Board footer