Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Sat, Aug 22, 2009 5:31 AM

brian glock

Goode Powershell Trouble

I am having a heck of a time with my powershells.  Everything was working well until about three weeks ago I separated from my ski going from one ball to two ball hauling A$$.  I separated right behind the boat and fell so hard I gave myself a concussion.  I have been having problems keeping the boots connected ever since.  I just bought new interlock, the new clear stuff, put it on the ski and went for a ride tonight.  Still am not able to stay connected to the ski.  I am so frustrated and just want to ski!  Does anyone have some good advice as to how I might be able to get back on the water safely with my current powershell/9800 setup?

#2 Sat, Aug 22, 2009 12:58 PM

Deke
Skis At: 15/34
Foot Forward: Right

Re: Goode Powershell Trouble

RS-1's?  : )

#3 Sat, Aug 22, 2009 1:22 PM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier
Skis At: Not short enough

If you're using a non metal plate, look into that option. I've seen this problem a few times with the powershells. It seems like the g10 or plastic plates just flex too much. When your ski flexes out to a certain point, Pop! Yer off. The metal plate is stiffer, holds it's shape better, and releases more consistently from what I've seen.

#4 Sun, Aug 23, 2009 4:20 AM

ScotChipman

Brian, How much interlock are you using? 250 or 400? Where did you buy it? I weigh 155 lbs and use close to four full strips of 250 on my plate and the same on the ski and it works great, bought it from GOODE. In the past I tried 400 to 250 and 250 to 250 that I bought through the iTape store and had all kinds of problems. If you don't buy it from GOODE make sure you get the same stuff they sell and only use a 250 to 250 lock.

Scot Chipman

Board footer