Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Fri, Aug 21, 2009 4:32 PM

matuszewski
Foot Forward: right

airborne wake crossing

I'm told by my skiing partners that I get airborne while crossing the wake.  36 mph/22off.  I know the real answer is I need some video coaching, but in general getting air crossing the wakes may be a symptom of pulling too early.  Aside from all that I'm working on a bunch of things and was going to add that to the list of things to correct....until I saw the videos on fifteenoff.com of Seth Stisher running 15' off at 30, 32, 34 and 36.  On each one of the passes he is airborne while crossing the wake.  So my real question is...all other things being equal, is this a big deal or not?  Thanks all your input in advance, and Wade I'm still working on some vid...one of these days.

#2 Fri, Aug 21, 2009 5:33 PM

HO410
Skis At: Outlaw Lake
Foot Forward: Right

Re: airborne wake crossing

You can always post video on youtube for some amateur analysis.

If you are rear foot biased, the ski tip will have a tendency to snap up. The wake will also feel pretty pronounce if you let up cutting into the wakes. First get some video. It's great (although very humbling) to see yourself ski. Second, ask your partners if it is just an observation or if they think you're about to bite it every time you cross the wakes.

Board footer