Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Wed, Aug 19, 2009 3:40 AM

rgdinsda

New Radar boots

I had someone in my ski club mention that radar is coming out with a new boot sometime.  Does anyone know if this is true and if it is true when are they coming out?

#2 Wed, Aug 19, 2009 11:43 AM

2gofaster

Re: New Radar boots

Its not really new. It's just the 2010 version of their RS1 boot.

Shane Hill

#3 Thu, Aug 20, 2009 3:28 AM

HO410
Skis At: Outlaw Lake
Foot Forward: Right

The only completely new boots that I am aware of are from HO.

When I ordered my RS-1's a month ago, I asked if there was a major change in functionality for next year.
The answer was no. I didn't actually expect the guy to know, and he probably did not, but any possible changes were not likely to be worth nearly $200. A little birdie [friend at nationals] told me: thinner rubber in the heel, slightly thinner liner, better integrated arch support.

Of course at this point, any information not directly from someone inside of Radar should be taken with a grain of salt. Surf expo is coming up soon, so the 2010 catalog should be coming down the pipe and there will be much more concrete detail.

Last edited by HO 410 (Thu, Aug 20, 2009 3:30 AM)

#4 Thu, Aug 20, 2009 3:59 AM

rgdinsda

Thanks.  The guy I talked to said he saw a pair at the worlds and mentioned the thinner rubber heel and stuff.

#5 Thu, Aug 20, 2009 5:51 PM

JayG

$140 RS-1 boots at ski bennetts  http://www.3eventstore.com/

Last edited by JayG (Thu, Aug 20, 2009 7:55 PM)

#6 Tue, Aug 25, 2009 12:22 AM

BigHead

My local Radar rep had the 2010 Rs1's at our ski site, strapped to a HO S1

Comparing the 2009 Rs1's (which i have) to the 2010's there is very little difference as people have already said.

They come with an integrated arch support something like superfeet only quite thin.

The only "major" difference i could tell was that they seemed a lot softer than the 09's.

And they are silver, which looks quite sharp.

Board footer