Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Tue, Aug 18, 2009 5:37 PM

Killer
Skis At: Ontario
Foot Forward: Left

Best Gloves Available

I've been using a set of Accurate Camoto gloves in MED for the last 2 seasons.  they are almost ready to die completely, but have held up very well.  I probably only have around 100 sets on them, but have only had 1 broken callous in the 2 years. 

I've been told they are similar to the old HO RPM's, so I bought some 41tail gloves in MED and low and behold they are too big.  never used them, but I know from trying them on dry that they are too big when wet especially.

has anyone else run into similar problems with sizing?

what is everyone using and what are the "best gloves out there"?

I was thinking of going for a size Small 41tail, but I find they are cheaper feeling than my Camotos

thanks
k

#2 Wed, Aug 19, 2009 10:27 AM

GarrettGroller
Foot Forward: Right

Re: Best Gloves Available

This is my second season on Radar MPD gloves. They are holding up extremely well.

#3 Wed, Aug 19, 2009 12:42 PM

Killer

thanks Garrett.  one of my goals is to find a pair I like and buy up a bunch so I'm covered for a few years if they stop production like they have on so many quality products.

any feedback on the D3 custom gloves?  they look VERY similar to the accurate's I'm using.. might give them a go

thanks for changing the title btw wink

#4 Wed, Aug 19, 2009 2:02 PM

HO410
Skis At: Outlaw Lake

If any of you are aware of gloves that have the finger bumps like the RPM, let me know.
I've been searching for myself and my local bigdawg. Both of us tried the 41 Tail, both
of us went back to questionable RPMs because we like the finger bumps. Apparently
we are in the vast minority.

#5 Wed, Aug 19, 2009 2:15 PM

ScotChipman

I just bought my third pair of HO RPM's from Marine Products at 70% off. Great fitting/feel for a glove with a nice curved palm. No finger bumps on them???? FYI, I was able to go one size down in them compared to a few other brands. www.marine-products.com I see that Tommy's has them www.gettommys.com/Water-Gear/Water-Gear … loves.html

Scot Chipman

#6 Wed, Aug 19, 2009 2:44 PM

HO410

We're looking for Small or Medium. I don't think Tommy's has updated that part of their website recently.
I called to try to buy them out and negotiate a bulk discount but they had already sold the last of their smalls.

With Marine-products, did you have to call them? They don't seem to be listed on the website

#7 Wed, Aug 19, 2009 4:28 PM

ScotChipman

Marine Products in Utah. (801) 973-4017 for the Salt Lake store, (801) 553-8332 for the Sandy store. They should for sure have XS and S left and possibly M and L.

Scot Chipman

#8 Wed, Aug 19, 2009 5:19 PM

Killer

thanks guys

the D3 gloves have the finger bumps like my Accurate Camoto's & the RPM's.  I ordered a pair from D3 & will post my results when I try them.

Last edited by Killer (Wed, Aug 19, 2009 5:21 PM)

#9 Wed, Aug 19, 2009 6:10 PM

HO410

I just bought out their remaining size smalls. Only two though, and boy did they get me on the shipping and handling. Oh well, I'm not going to complain when the full order was $45. Now i just have to decide if I'm going to keep a pair for myself.

Thanks for the tip Scott

Last edited by HO 410 (Wed, Aug 19, 2009 6:11 PM)

#10 Thu, Aug 20, 2009 1:26 PM

jetlife

Masterline makes good stuff. I have not used their gloves yet. I went to buy some last year and they were sold out. Anyone use masterline gloves?

http://www.masterlineusa.com/

Jay

Last edited by jetlife (Thu, Aug 20, 2009 1:27 PM)

#11 Thu, Aug 20, 2009 2:34 PM

mdv

I use Masterline K-Palm and really like them.  Sizing seems to be pretty accurate - not too small.

#12 Thu, Aug 20, 2009 2:46 PM

matuszewski
Foot Forward: right

Connelly Prophecy's work well for me.  I like having a pull loop instead of a tab at the base of the wrist that I always end up tearing off.

http://www.h2oproshop.com/connelly-prop … loves.html

#13 Fri, Sep 18, 2009 11:15 AM

Brent

I got a pair of straightline classic's & absalutly love them ,not only are they comfortable , provide great grip  ,they also hold up really well ,I've used mine all season & they are still in great shape, no fake leather or other crappy material that breaks down too fast. The Classic's have now surplanted the connolly Claw's as my all time favorite's.

http://www.miamiskinautiques.com/2008-S … cglove.htm

Last edited by Brent (Fri, Sep 18, 2009 11:16 AM)

#14 Fri, Sep 18, 2009 12:24 PM

h20fish

k-palms are nice, though they chow ure hands, would recomend the curves or the tail 41's, the empire gloves are nice though wear out so quick its ridiculous

Board footer