Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Tue, Aug 18, 2009 5:59 AM

efverstrom
Foot Forward: lefty

2010 Radar Strata

Saw some pics of the new 2010 Radar strata! it looks pretty bad-ass!
So my Q is what it's riding like? And whats the difference between the strata and the RS-1?

Thanks

Last edited by efverstrom (Tue, Aug 18, 2009 7:59 AM)

#2 Tue, Aug 18, 2009 3:28 PM

rq0013
Skis At: 2@-35, 36 mph pb
Foot Forward: LFF

Re: 2010 Radar Strata

where did you see the pics. What does it look like?

#3 Tue, Aug 18, 2009 5:18 PM

Kelvin

Saw some prototypes at Nationals.  Top is brushed aluminum - looks sharp.  Comparing to the RS-1, they are trying to make it more forgiving.  The final product should be out in a couple of months.

#4 Tue, Aug 18, 2009 5:52 PM

efverstrom
Foot Forward: lefty

i saw them where you can find EVERYTHING!  - Facebook
http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs151.snc1/5613_1179560682023_1018331830_555718_1756762_n.jpg

#5 Wed, Aug 19, 2009 1:04 AM

h20dawg79
Water Ski Sage
Skis At: Old Hickory Lake, TN.
Foot Forward: left

Kelvin wrote:

Saw some prototypes at Nationals.  Top is brushed aluminum - looks sharp.  Comparing to the RS-1, they are trying to make it more forgiving.  The final product should be out in a couple of months.

Is the top actually an Aluminum product or is this a Graphic???

I still have a 1980 Jobe that actually has a brushed aluminum top! This ski was about $300.00 in 1980 and was used by Bob Lapoint. It was made by Herb O'brian and was kinda the O'brian elite of it's day!

"Warning" -the Surgeon General has determined; That the preceding statements accurately reflect the views and opinions consistent with "DSS" (Delusional Slalomitis Syndrome) a highly contagious life altering condition... (Handle with Extreme care & Patience)

#6 Sat, Aug 22, 2009 2:53 PM

Wakes

h20dawg79 wrote:

Kelvin wrote:

I still have a 1980 Jobe that actually has a brushed aluminum top! This ski was about $300.00 in 1980 and was used by Bob Lapoint. It was made by Herb O'brian and was kinda the O'brian elite of it's day!

I have one of those old Jobe Honeycombs as well haha, a few years older than yours actually... mine is still my main skiier though. big_smile

#7 Sat, Aug 22, 2009 9:21 PM

h20dawg79
Water Ski Sage

Wakes wrote:

h20dawg79 wrote:

Kelvin wrote:

I have one of those old Jobe Honeycombs as well haha, a few years older than yours actually... mine is still my main skiier though. big_smile

Man, Thats cool!
Mine has a little "Yard Sale" sticker price tag on it from a couple yard sales long ago! Now, it's just too cool to get rid of!!!

I think that ski was so far ahead of it's time, that The basic shape, rocker and edges are still in style today! Man, I'm gonna take that Bad boy out for little cruise over labor day!smile

"Warning" -the Surgeon General has determined; That the preceding statements accurately reflect the views and opinions consistent with "DSS" (Delusional Slalomitis Syndrome) a highly contagious life altering condition... (Handle with Extreme care & Patience)

#8 Sun, Aug 23, 2009 1:22 AM

Wakes

h20dawg79 wrote:

Man, Thats cool!
Mine has a little "Yard Sale" sticker price tag on it from a couple yard sales long ago! Now, it's just too cool to get rid of!!!

I think that ski was so far ahead of it's time, that The basic shape, rocker and edges are still in style today! Man, I'm gonna take that Bad boy out for little cruise over labor day!smile

Hold onto it man. We'll have ours forever - it was my dad's first ski. Maybe I'll be able to hold onto my Radar MPD for that long too. Who knows though, I might need to honour the aluminum top and pick up a strada cool.

What ski is that second from the right?

#9 Sun, Aug 23, 2009 5:12 PM

ColinBuchanan
Skis At: SkiTek
Foot Forward: Left

Wakes that is the new Annex. nice looking and nice riding!

#10 Sun, Aug 23, 2009 8:26 PM

Wakes

Any ideas why the Annex is keeping the old RS-1/MPD mold but the Strada has a new mold?

#11 Tue, Sep 8, 2009 12:38 AM

h20dawg79
Water Ski Sage

h20dawg79 wrote:

Wakes wrote:

h20dawg79 wrote:

Man, Thats cool!

*** UPDATE; -I took that Bad Boy out! (Free skiing) I am totally blown away with the speed of this stick! No kidding, this thing is "Freaky fast"!!! With little to No effort, @ 22/32mph I was absolutely at a 90 deg. angle to the boat! I tested this freaky speed a few times doing  typical pull outs, and had the same amazing result! I even tried to get to a true 90 deg. with my other ski's @ 22/32 and it is basically impossible even with a very long & hard pull out... What the heck???  And cross coarse speed? -Buckle your seat belt! It's an "E" ticket ride!!!

The old flemsy rubber boots made it a bit (o.k. A LOT!) unstable, -but this stick is a Rocket! And Very light wgt. as well. I just might try out my RS-1 bindings on this Freak and see if I can handle the Heat thru the coarse!

I'll try to be sure NOT to say; -"Hey Ya'll Watch This"!!!big_smileyikeswink

Board footer