Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Wed, Aug 12, 2009 8:21 PM

finnyski
Foot Forward: Right

Sorting By Score

I love the site!  I have been logging all my ski's this year in excel and have a few different data points than this site has, but for the most part it was a breeze to start converting.  I have only logged May and have June, July and August yet to go.

Couple things I notied:

1) Choosing Free Ski and the rope length sort of skews my results - as it is showing my best score as free skiing at 28 off, when I just open skiid that rope length and my best so far is 15 off at 32 MPH.  Has anyone else ever commented on this?

2) Has there been any discussion about different views for the ski archive?  My excel spreadsheet just allows me to do some quick averages and totals so I can see how many times I've skiid at a rope length, or how many times I've got a certain number of balls...  Just curious if there is any new plans around the statistics...

Thanks, and Great job on the site - I'm so excited to use it and to get some coaching from Jamie!

#2 Thu, Aug 13, 2009 2:08 AM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier
Skis At: Not short enough

Re: Sorting By Score

FinnySki --

Welcome to the site, thanks for using it!

At this point, as you've noticed, the ski archive doesn't offer very many different options. We are constantly working on the site and adding behind-the-scenes updates to handle all the sets that we're logging for everyone.

Since Ski Log Analytics wouldn't be very helpful without a season's worth of logged sets, we're taking this one step at a time. Look for dynamic ski log analytics by 2010.

Keep logging your sets in the meantime, as they will still become available to your selected Pro Ski Coach at the time of your lesson.

When we do have new statistics available, we'll let you know in the Skier's Development Blog. Ofcourse, all your sets that you have saved online will become immediately available to be searched with the new Ski Log Analytics.

#3 Thu, Aug 13, 2009 2:03 PM

Deke
Skis At: 15/34

Wade,

Are you planning to have the ability to edit log entries?  I have goofed a couple of times with dates, times, ski settings, etc.  and had to delete entries and retype.  I guess the upside of that is you spend more time thinking about that set!

Deke

#4 Thu, Aug 13, 2009 2:58 PM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier
Skis At: Not short enough

Deke, you bet. It's good to spend time thinking about each set. Edit is coming -- sooner so than the Ski Log Analytics

In the meantime, you can still delete a log entry if you make a mistake, and then re enter it. If I have to do this I usually open a second ski log window so I can copy info down quickly.

#5 Thu, Aug 13, 2009 5:23 PM

Killer
Skis At: Ontario
Foot Forward: Left

bada$$ Wade, love the ski log, I do believe it has helped my skiing this year, and I look forward to using it with a coach (when I get some video!).

I'd never write down a log, my handwriting stinks for one, and this makes it fun and easy.
werd,
Kyle

Board footer