Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Wed, Aug 12, 2009 7:39 PM

buddy
Foot Forward: Right

(Super)Long Line skiing

In the Edged in Water II video, they had a segment where the guys were open-water skiing with a 145 ft. rope.  They talked about the ability to make these huge, long sweeping turns and then stay on edge for "seconds" crossing the wake.   Has anybody tried this?  Think there would be any training benefits?  I wonder if it would be good for practicing technique and body position -- slow things down a bit.

#2 Wed, Aug 12, 2009 10:04 PM

Thomas Wayne

Re: (Super)Long Line skiing

The "bungee" effect has got to be incredible with that much rope.

TW

#3 Wed, Aug 12, 2009 11:03 PM

h20dawg79
Water Ski Sage
Skis At: Old Hickory Lake, TN.
Foot Forward: left

Man, and I thought  -15 was super Long bungee rope!roll -ha,ha!!!

"Warning" -the Surgeon General has determined; That the preceding statements accurately reflect the views and opinions consistent with "DSS" (Delusional Slalomitis Syndrome) a highly contagious life altering condition... (Handle with Extreme care & Patience)

#4 Thu, Aug 13, 2009 2:15 AM

buddy

They said they use a low stretch rope, so maybe that helps.  I don't know where they got the rope.  Aren't barefoot lines "low stretch?"

#5 Thu, Aug 13, 2009 11:42 AM

Brady

Never tried it, but it does look fun.  You may want to try a wakeboard mainline - they're no-stretch

#6 Fri, Aug 14, 2009 4:24 AM

ToddF
Skis At: mudhole
Foot Forward: right

About three weeks ago we were on a camping trip and after watching that video I had 130 feet of rope that I used.  It was a lot of fun,  the wake that far back it pretty big, I did some jumping which was fun.

The speed was @ 36.  I actually started wondering if some sea-doo was going to go in between me and the boat.  It is a long ways back.

#7 Fri, Aug 14, 2009 1:36 PM

RuralHack

A 145ft rope, jump skis, and a jump sounds like a dangerous, but fun combination for me.

Last edited by RuralHack (Fri, Aug 14, 2009 1:51 PM)

Grew up at a ski school; started teaching old men like me at around 8 years old... I was a better teacher than my coach so I got to ski more if I taught them. wink

#8 Fri, Aug 14, 2009 2:47 PM

ricar116
Skis At:
Foot Forward: Left

What if you used a 140' rope on one of those main channel glass nights and put the boat in a turn could you do an indefinate onside turn? Sounds like fun. Long rope long boarding!lol

#9 Fri, Aug 14, 2009 4:18 PM

buddy

I was thinking it would be cool to try a double-width, double-length slalom course with a 145' rope, and ski it like a regular tournament. tongue

#10 Fri, Aug 14, 2009 5:51 PM

chrispenner

Barefoot main lines are low to non stretch I am sure that would work and you can get 100 feet with removable sections so with 2 main lines you should be able to make 145 ft rope. Looks like fun. Watch out for those sea-do'ers.

Cheers!

Board footer