Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Tue, Aug 11, 2009 4:48 PM

Thomas Wayne

Fin #'s for a KD 7000

We just got a new player at my lake, skiing on a 5 year old Kidder 7000, and I'm looking for some suggested fin numbers for this ski.  It has the "internal" fin block and he's been skiing it with some [seemingly] odd settings: the DFT was almost nonexistent (fin all the way back to the tail of the ski), 2.453 depth (shallow?) and 6.935 length (excessive tip?).

One of the odd things about this fin is that the leading edge of the fin is almost vertical, meaning that the length is hard to change much, unless the tip is shoved WAY up into the block.  I realize that it may be hard to find numbers for an older ski like this one, but I figured I'd try for this guy's sake...

TW

#2 Tue, Aug 11, 2009 11:21 PM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier
Skis At: Not short enough
Foot Forward: Right

Re: Fin #'s for a KD 7000

... Calling anyone with fin #s for this ski...

#3 Wed, Aug 12, 2009 1:49 AM

h20dawg79
Water Ski Sage
Skis At: Old Hickory Lake, TN.
Foot Forward: left

Re: Fin #'s for a KD 7000

O.K. -My 68" KD 7000 came with a template to set the factory settings of its typical radiused leading edge fin.

They measure: DFT .95   Length 6.80   Depth 2.50  Wing 5-7deg. (9 deg. Max.)

Have fun! -Thats really a killer ski for a lot of us!!!smile   (bindings not so much though...sad)

"Warning" -the Surgeon General has determined; That the preceding statements accurately reflect the views and opinions consistent with "DSS" (Delusional Slalomitis Syndrome) a highly contagious life altering condition... (Handle with Extreme care & Patience)

Board footer