Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Sun, Aug 9, 2009 3:54 PM

matuszewski
Foot Forward: right

fractured side wall

Was skiing this morning and popped the handle - as I did this it must have impacted the ski.  The top plate has separated from the sidewall at the point of impact and the side wall has splintered exposing the foam core.  The rail is intact so I think its repairable.  Its a 2008 Monza.  Looking for advice on whether we think this is a warranty repair from HO and if not how to fix.  Will post pix later but was just wondering about suggestions on how best to proceed.  i already called HO but they are closed on Sunday.  Also don't want to be without a ski for 3 weeks in the middle of August.   Thanks in advance for comments.

#2 Sun, Aug 9, 2009 9:26 PM

sethro

Re: fractured side wall

Don't sweat that one.  I've done the same thing to my 06 Monza and just repaired it with a two part epoxy.  I don't think that would fall under a warranty claim.

#3 Mon, Aug 10, 2009 3:28 AM

2gofaster

Re: fractured side wall

It's an easy enough fix.  But if you want someone to do it for you, find a high end snow ski shop. They generally fix snow skis in the same manner you'd fix this.  If you want to do it, find a marine shop and get MarineTex. It's a two part marine epoxy. You can clamp the ski side to side in a vice with wood strips to protect it from the jaws and then start laying in your epoxy.  Build it up to surace level, sand with 180 and 320, then prime and paint. You can usually find a way to get it fairly un-noticeable.

Shane Hill

Board footer