Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Fri, Aug 7, 2009 9:18 PM

Wakes

Ski recommendations

I consider myself a pretty advanced (maybe aggressive is a better word as I am not perfect technically but I am dedicated to improving) skier but I've been riding my dads Jobe Honeycomb from the 70's cool for about 8 years. I've been looking into the RadaR and Jobe stuff, specifically the RS-1, Annex, Senate C, and Defiant. I want a ski I can ride for years - I get attached to my stuff.

I'm 5'5 170lbs so I am thinking 66" (65 or 67?), I usually ski on pretty calm water but I like to get out there in some chop too. I am in Canada so the water is cooler I'd say. I don't have a boat designed for skiing so I am skiing behind a boat with a little bigger wake (not sure if this should influence my decision?). I get ride at 33-35MPH depending on water conditions. No slalom course here so it is open water only but I may find a course to ski through eventually.

I can't really demo gear. They have a couple shops that deals with Jobe/RadaR up here but they wont let me rent a ski and it is slim pickings here in prarie Canada. So I'll need to order it and like it haha. Money isn't much of a concern... paying a few hunderd more isn't going to be a deal breaker.

I am leaning towards an RS-1 because I want the best out there but I am a little concerned I wont be able to handle it due to flaws in technique; should I worry about that? How differently do the Annex and RS-1 ride?

#2 Wed, Aug 12, 2009 11:02 PM

Wakes

Re: Ski recommendations

I am just going to get the RS-1 and love it cool

Board footer