Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Thu, Aug 6, 2009 12:18 PM

GarrettGroller
Foot Forward: Right

Best Vest

Hello Everyone,

I'm in the market for a new vest and would like some inpt before I plunk down the money. I'm currently using an old Stearns. It's too heavy and my mobility is limited. The reason I bought it was because it was cheap and USCG approved.

What's everyone using? Does it really need to be USCG approved?

Thanks

#2 Thu, Aug 6, 2009 12:36 PM

TheOldGuy
Skis At: 36,open water
Foot Forward: Left

Re: Best Vest

My son has worked in the water ski/ wakeboard industry for over 14 years and wakeboarders hate to wear vests because it isn't cool. He has lost several friends who drowed because they weren't wearing vests. As a slalom skier I use a USCG approved vest. I like the Radar Encore, because it gives me good freedom and I don't have to pay list.  Roger:)

#3 Thu, Aug 6, 2009 12:57 PM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier
Skis At: Not short enough

USCG requires the vest to roll you onto your back which requires a lot of front-facing padding which can be limiting for slalom. I wouldn't recommend skiing without a USCG vest. I use a non-USCG approved vest, but it does keep me afloat.

Ofcourse if the choice is between a new vest or virtual coaching, then I would say that your 1950's life belt would work great!

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0000DCN5X.01-AN9APEYXRHVW0._SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

#4 Thu, Aug 6, 2009 2:10 PM

2gofaster

Garrett, I just bought an Eagle non cga rear entry vest last month. That is the most comfortable vest I've ever had and floats me better than any other. I would highly recommend them.

Shane Hill

#5 Thu, Aug 6, 2009 3:13 PM

GarrettGroller

WadeWilliams wrote:

USCG requires the vest to roll you onto your back which requires a lot of front-facing padding which can be limiting for slalom. I wouldn't recommend skiing without a USCG vest. I use a non-USCG approved vest, but it does keep me afloat.

Ofcourse if the choice is between a new vest or virtual coaching, then I would say that your 1950's life belt would work great!

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0000 … ZZZZZ_.jpg

Ha ha. I hear ya. I actually do have some of those old skool belts.

Board footer