Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Sat, Aug 1, 2009 5:54 PM

andys89

new ski

Hey guys,  i am looking to buy a new slalom ski.  i would consider myself to be an intermediate skier.  no slalom course stuff just going to the lake and having some fun.  Right now i have been using the ski from our combo set.  I grab a friend's connelly when i can but it is super old. i have been looking on the net and seems to be a lot to choose from.  dont  really know where to start.  i ski about 28-30 mph and 6'1" 175. somebody said a connelly concept is good?? any thoughts?

#2 Sat, Aug 1, 2009 11:12 PM

bpray9223
Foot Forward: Left

Re: new ski

I have had two Connelly Concept's so far, and they are awesome I think. They give a nice ride and you really feel secure out on the water, and don't feel like you're going to skip out. I recommend.

#3 Sun, Aug 2, 2009 12:38 AM

ChrisRossi
Foot Forward: Right

Check out the Radar Senate.  It's a good match for what you are looking for.

#4 Thu, Aug 6, 2009 12:34 AM

andys89

rode an older concept '01 maybe this weekend and liked it alot.  i have read that the concept is an outdated design/make??  is there any truth to that?  also i dont really want to drop 400-500 on a ski but i want something that i will stick with.  any thoughts on an ho triumph or connelly hp?  i live in nebraska so i dont have a ski shop where i can go demo a bunch of  skis.

Last edited by andys89 (Thu, Aug 6, 2009 12:35 AM)

#5 Thu, Aug 6, 2009 1:41 AM

hughpf3
Foot Forward: Left

Where do I find the factory fin/binding settings for a 2005 63" O'Brien Synchro?

#6 Thu, Aug 6, 2009 1:27 PM

2gofaster

The concept is a decent ski. But it's an old design that's been around for years. Fairly narrow, too, so the speeds you're skiing at now don't really agree with it as much. Like Wade mentioned, I'd try out a Radar Senate.  My concern if you bought the concept is that you'd want something a little more racier in a year or so. The Senate will stay in your arsenal for years, though.

Shane Hill

#7 Fri, Aug 7, 2009 12:07 AM

andys89

found a sweet deal for a radar senate c.  any thoughts?  am i taking too big of a jump?

#8 Fri, Aug 7, 2009 2:43 AM

HO410
Skis At: Outlaw Lake

No, get it.

Odds are you'll like the ski. If you don't, a sweet deal ($50 below retail or more) will make it pretty easy to flip.

#9 Fri, Aug 7, 2009 5:03 PM

2gofaster

The Senate C is an awesome ski. One of the most under rated out there. It's very stable, easy to get up on, and can make a turn as tight as anything out there.  I ran into 35 off on mine at 32mph and into 32 of at 34mph. Now that I'm on an Elite, I keep toying with the idea of selling my Senate C but I just can't, cause it's such a good ski for just having fun and freeskiing.

Shane Hill

#10 Sat, Aug 8, 2009 3:56 AM

andys89

i talked to a guy at performance ski and for what i am doing he thought it would be too much of a ski.  live in nebraska and dont have any courses around so all i do is free ski.  i get calm water about 1 every 5 runs...if i am lucky.  i ski from 28-30mph and he thought that a theory would be the way to go.  thoughts?

#11 Sat, Aug 8, 2009 7:00 AM

ColinCanski
Skis At: Gosfield WSC

You asked for a recommendation on a new ski and I'd be surprised, no amazed if the advice Chris Rossi has given you was wrong. But can I suggest an alternative.

Find your nearest lake with a slalom course or even better, nearest ski school (I only found two sites, Championship Lake Estates Nr. Ashland, and Shortline Lake about 35 miles east of Lincoln Nebraska) and along with your ski buddies make the effort to book up a couple of sets each. It might be a long day out, or even a require weekend road trip to ski on a slalom course, but I can guarantee you'll learn loads about your skiing ability, and where you want to go with your skiing.  Hey, if you're real lucky there might even be a Pro Shop and you could demo the Radar Senate also.

Once you've found out how easy/hard it is to go around those orange buoy things, you may then you want to consider investing in a portable slalom course to chuck in your lake. Whilst this'll cost more than a new ski, hopefully your buddies will feel the same way about slalom skiing and you'll be able to share the cost.

Oh, and buy the Radar Senate, regardless.

Ski to Live - Live to Ski

Board footer