Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Fri, Jul 31, 2009 11:25 PM

bpray9223
Foot Forward: Left

Finding used boat.

My family is looking for a used ski boat. We want an open bow, and preferably $20,000 and under. Whats the best website(s) to look for used boats? Thanks

#2 Fri, Jul 31, 2009 11:33 PM

snow1122

Re: Finding used boat.

Ski-it-again.com, we had a wonderful experience buying with Ebay Motors as well.

Good luck!

#3 Fri, Jul 31, 2009 11:46 PM

snow1122

#4 Fri, Jul 31, 2009 11:51 PM

h20dawg79
Water Ski Sage
Skis At: Old Hickory Lake, TN.
Foot Forward: left

Ya, I did the Ebay, boat trader and used boats.com for 9 mon.'s! There are a ton of very nice boats between 16k - 20k. 16k being the magic #. Anything under 16k sold fairly easily and anything over 20K seemed to sit around for several mon.'s...

I also had to have an open bow. (walk thru) Just be careful with your selection. There are a lot of really really great all purpose inboards out there at very great prices. But, not all will do justice in the coarse and if you will need a driver or partner for slalom they might not want to spend their time behind a boat with a sub-par slalom wake or unrighteous tracking...

GOOD LUCK!!!smile

http://www.ebay.com/
http://www.usedboats.com/
http://www.boattrader.com/

Last edited by h20dawg79 (Fri, Jul 31, 2009 11:58 PM)

"Warning" -the Surgeon General has determined; That the preceding statements accurately reflect the views and opinions consistent with "DSS" (Delusional Slalomitis Syndrome) a highly contagious life altering condition... (Handle with Extreme care & Patience)

#6 Sat, Aug 1, 2009 1:09 PM

h20dawg79
Water Ski Sage
Skis At: Old Hickory Lake, TN.
Foot Forward: left

A couple more thoughts; I chose the Malibu for the versatility of the "Wedge" (aqua foil) that Only Malibu has to offer. -Just flip it down and "Presto" you've got a 500-1000lbs. of added Wake action for the boarders... Or just flip it back and Tear up the Slalom water! (no wasted time filling and draining ballasts or fat sacks...)

Moomba has a "Wake" plate. But, this was only to help the craft from porpoising and doesn't enhance the wake...

Try to find one with Perfect pass, or offer about $1k less and install it yourself or the dealers will normally charge approx; $1800.00 lab. & materials...

Try to find one with a nice sound system. As this will Not enhance their selling price (only their asking price) very much if any. But, it will cost you a ton to build one from scratch... (and you wont get your $$$ back on resale either!) This is also true for most any other accessory that you might want i.e. Wake board Tower, bimini, etc. etc...

Good Luck..

"Warning" -the Surgeon General has determined; That the preceding statements accurately reflect the views and opinions consistent with "DSS" (Delusional Slalomitis Syndrome) a highly contagious life altering condition... (Handle with Extreme care & Patience)

#7 Sat, Aug 1, 2009 11:20 PM

bpray9223

Alright thanks to all for the advice. My dad is actually looking at a 1995 Mastercraft Maristar 200 VRS in Kingsport, TN. Heres the link to the boat http://www.onlyinboards.com/Details.aspx?ID=816002

#8 Sun, Aug 2, 2009 2:57 PM

chrispenner
Foot Forward: Right

Nice thought but if you are going to do a lot of skiing or heavy skiing, I would look at Malibu LX or Lxi you can usually find those for under 20K and like H2oDawg says you get the wedge so you can still satisfy the boarders in your group. The LX isn't a walk through but if you talk to any engineer it is better to have a the cross piece in there for strength. I haven't heard of any tournament tow boat busting in half yet so. See what you can find for under 20K in Malibu LX or Lxi. Do get sucked into the "Mastercraft" bubble. Oh one other thing when looking at the LX and Lxi try to find one with a monsoon they are fuel injected, so they are really problem free at any elevation and they are solid motors.

Just do a search on onlyinboards.com and you should find lots.

Last edited by chrispenner (Sun, Aug 2, 2009 3:01 PM)

Board footer