Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Fri, Jul 31, 2009 11:51 AM

h20dawg79
Water Ski Sage
Skis At: Old Hickory Lake, TN.
Foot Forward: left

Goode Power Vest Help

Has anyone ever tried or ski with a partner who uses the Goode Power-Vest?
Due to a past compound fracture of my T-10 vert. my mid back is highly susceptible to injuries, spasms, etc... The rigors of the coarse seem to exploit the imbalance in this area... With the twisting and demand placed on the mid/upper back during the Turn/Pull aspects (stretching and jambing this area) I have been side lined about the same amount of weeks as I have actually skied the year! And as of now, I am trying to nurse a torn Rhomboid back to health... sad

So, I'm looking for some solutions so I can begin and continue to ski regularly again! "IF" the Power-Vest could take "up to" 70% of the load off of my mid/upper Back, then I would in theory be able to ski with less engaged and Looser muscles. This would surely allow the Back to function more freely and hopefully reduce the opportunity for future injuries and also translate into an increase in my practice time on the water!smile

Unfortunately, I don't have the extra pocket change required just to try this product out and see if it will perform as Goode claims it does....

Last edited by h20dawg79 (Fri, Jul 31, 2009 11:54 AM)

"Warning" -the Surgeon General has determined; That the preceding statements accurately reflect the views and opinions consistent with "DSS" (Delusional Slalomitis Syndrome) a highly contagious life altering condition... (Handle with Extreme care & Patience)

#2 Fri, Jul 31, 2009 2:09 PM

Garn
Skis At: Utah Lake
Foot Forward: Right

Re: Goode Power Vest Help

A few weeks ago I went to a local tournament at Sunten here in Utah.  Besides Dave Goode and his wife who were both using one, another skier, Jeff Milford, was also using one.  I talked to Jeff quite a bit about the vest.  He swore by it.  He has had back surgury and he said without the vest he probably wouldn't be skiing at all.  He said it was worth every cent he paid for it.  There is a video of Jeff on YouTube talking about he vest.  Let me sse if I can find it....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ee5596_K_g

I hope that helps.

Garn

#3 Sat, Aug 1, 2009 1:40 PM

h20dawg79
Water Ski Sage

Thanx Garn, -I really appreciate your effort!

I am hoping someone who is not affiliated with Goode will come forth as well!

"Warning" -the Surgeon General has determined; That the preceding statements accurately reflect the views and opinions consistent with "DSS" (Delusional Slalomitis Syndrome) a highly contagious life altering condition... (Handle with Extreme care & Patience)

#4 Sun, Aug 2, 2009 3:21 PM

MS

If I dropped 600 on a vest, I will tell you that it is great even if it sucks.

#5 Mon, Aug 3, 2009 12:26 AM

h20dawg79
Water Ski Sage

MS wrote:

If I droped 600 on a vest, I will tell you that it is great even if it sucks.

I hear ya! lol and I Love your Honesty! -Ha, ha!!!

#6 Wed, Aug 12, 2009 3:10 AM

buddy
Foot Forward: Right

In case you're still interested, there are a few testimonials in favor of the vest on the Mastercraft forum: http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/sho … mp;page=3.  After you get past the first 2 pages of people who've never seen one before blasting it, you'll find a couple posts that clearly state it works.  I personally know one of those guys and neither he nor I are affiliated with Goode (I ski a Nomad cool).  I was skeptical myself until I read that thread.  If I ever get a bad back...

#7 Thu, Aug 13, 2009 1:49 AM

h20dawg79
Water Ski Sage

Thanx!   Yes, I am still interested...smile

#8 Wed, Sep 9, 2009 5:19 PM

SkiBoy_2000LXi

Had a ski partner buy one this summer because he had shoulder surgery last year, he couldn't stand how long it took to strap it on and adjust everything, after three days of trying to like it, he sent it back.  It took over a month to get a refund from Goode.

#9 Wed, Sep 9, 2009 6:12 PM

miski
Skis At: Jepawhit, Lyons, SkiTec
Foot Forward: Left

I've never tried it, but a ski partner skis into -39' w/ that vest. He has a tear in one of his rotators that probably needs surgery. He complains about the vest - belts rubbing, plate cracked, weight, etc - but says it is only way he can ski right now.

#10 Fri, Sep 11, 2009 4:10 PM

Killer
Skis At: Ontario
Foot Forward: Left

been told by a MM skier that you need to be in excellent form or forget it, but he swears by it due to his shoulder/back injuries.  I also have shoulder problems, but $600 is a lot of physio!

Board footer