Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Thu, Jul 16, 2009 7:21 PM

T-UP

Radius Handle

Is there any advantage to skiing with a radius handle? I have been skiing with one for years…I was told years ago that skiing with a radius handle would help with my tennis elbows.

#2 Thu, Jul 16, 2009 7:52 PM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier
Skis At: Not short enough
Foot Forward: Right

Re: Radius Handle

I know a few skiers who use it religiously because it reduces the elbow fatigue. I have used one in the past and didn't really notice a huge difference in soreness. Probably 95% of the pros are skiing with a regular (straight) handle. I'd say it's mostly personal preference.

If you've been using it for years and your elbows still bother you, trying something different like a regular straight handle might give you a different sensation that may feel better since you're used to the ole' bent handle.

#3 Fri, Jul 17, 2009 3:49 PM

Rod S

I've used a straight for years and just recently skied with a Radar bent handle.  I don't have elbow issues and at the very least I thought I would notice the handle when I hookup but I skied the first few pass and I didn't notice a difference.  I've skied it multiple sets now and I think I can change back and forth and not even tell the difference.   The radar bend is pretty minor so I might notice on a different handle with more bend.

#4 Fri, Jul 17, 2009 10:40 PM

h20dawg79
Water Ski Sage
Skis At: Old Hickory Lake, TN.
Foot Forward: left

Personally,

I like the feel of the rad. handle, and I do have elbow problems... (rt. side carpenters elbow)

But, for me anyway I think the grip Dia. is more important then anything. i.e. if I do pull ups or chins from anything over 1" dia. it kills my elbow/forearm area... I have found the same is true on my ski handle as well. My glove size is X.L. but, I really prefer a smaller hand sized Grip  .095" Dia.  I even have a .088" Dia. But, I believe it's just a tad too small...   -(I might wanna sell it!)

Besides the Radiused handle looks much cooler!big_smile

Wade has a good idea in trying something else...

"Warning" -the Surgeon General has determined; That the preceding statements accurately reflect the views and opinions consistent with "DSS" (Delusional Slalomitis Syndrome) a highly contagious life altering condition... (Handle with Extreme care & Patience)

Board footer