Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Wed, Jul 1, 2009 5:05 PM

misstexas

Help with New Ski

I am a 40 yo female needing help with buying a new ski.  I am 5' 8" and 140, but having a difficult time trying to figure out the type and length of ski I need.  I have only been doing this for a few years, but the combo ski are killing me!

#2 Wed, Jul 1, 2009 5:53 PM

ColinBuchanan
Skis At: SkiTek
Foot Forward: Left

Re: Help with New Ski

You should be looking in the 65" range for a ski but before a recommendation... How fast and what line length are you skiing at. I'm guessing on a combo ski you are around 28 mph and long line in which case i would recommend a shaped ski like the Radar Lyric or some other variation of that.

#3 Wed, Jul 1, 2009 7:23 PM

misstexas

yes, 28-30mph and a long line.  thank you for your help!

#4 Wed, Jul 1, 2009 7:30 PM

2gofaster

Yes, I would look at something along the lines of a 65 Radar Lyric or Senate. They're essentially the same ski design, but the Lyric is a little softer.

Shane Hill

#5 Wed, Jul 1, 2009 7:34 PM

misstexas

does it matter that my left foot is forward when choosing a binding?   or is a rear toe plate better?

#6 Wed, Jul 1, 2009 7:38 PM

2gofaster

Most of your bindings won't matter. I'd suggest something along the lines of the Radar Rail or Lyric binding.  They're very user friendly and very comfortable. We've steered a bunch of people to them lately. I'm assuming by your user name that you're in texas? If so, there's places in Houston and Dallas where you can demo stuff.

Shane Hill

#7 Wed, Jul 1, 2009 8:03 PM

misstexas

where in Dallas?

#8 Wed, Jul 1, 2009 8:08 PM

2gofaster

Shane Hill

#9 Wed, Jul 1, 2009 8:08 PM

misstexas

THanks!

#10 Wed, Jul 1, 2009 8:40 PM

snow1122

Any places in S. Cali for demo stuff?

#11 Thu, Jul 2, 2009 1:38 AM

2gofaster

MissTexas: You're welcome. Come back and let us know what you try and how it feels.

Snow: Sorry, can't help you there. Hopefully someone from Cali can chime in. There's always H2Osmosis. They'll let you keep demo'ing skis til you find one you like.

Shane Hill

#12 Thu, Jul 2, 2009 1:15 PM

StevenHaines
Slalom Mentor
Skis At: Canyon Lake, Ca.
Foot Forward: right

Snow,

I think that California Skier in Lake Elsinore has HO demo's and I believe the HO rep lives in Canyon Lake. Cal. Correct Craft in Norco might demo Radar and Connelly. Also there is a local D3 rep that lives in Redlands. Endo's Ski Werks also has a demo program. I hope this helps!!! If you need help with phone numbers, let me know.

#13 Thu, Jul 2, 2009 1:24 PM

StevenHaines
Slalom Mentor

Snow,

I just saw this on the Waterski Forum. I love my MPD! It's very comfortable and predictable!
Radar Skis demo clearance, $299 MPD or Senate-C; $99 Lyric for the lady skier http://www.radarskistore.com/index/1399 … 4086.0.0.0

Steve

Last edited by Steven Haines (Thu, Jul 2, 2009 1:26 PM)

#14 Thu, Jul 2, 2009 4:22 PM

snow1122

Hi Steven,

Thank you so much for your help!
I'm going to contact all those stores and see what I can find.
Yes, I've seen the Radar web-site and the demos on sale, very nice, but the Lyric is too long for me:o(

Thanks again for all the responses!
Your guys are great!
Happy 4th!

Snow

#15 Thu, Jul 2, 2009 7:33 PM

StevenHaines
Slalom Mentor

Good luck!  Happy 4th to you too!

Board footer