Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Fri, Jul 10, 2009 6:51 PM

JAS

Hips up

Now skiing on some near 80 degree water and finding that I'm having difficulty keeping hips from falling back. Ski seems to be very easy to overturn and having trouble keeping width on both sides. Move bindings back?   69' Senate C  08'    30.00 and stock fin settings.

Thanks

#2 Sat, Jul 11, 2009 1:55 AM

ChrisRossi
Foot Forward: Right

Re: Hips up

What are the fin numbers?

#3 Sat, Jul 11, 2009 2:33 AM

2gofaster

I felt the same thing when the water warmed up. I've completely gotten rid of the wing on my senate C. I couldn't do that at 36, but at 34 it's a no brainer. It really has freed the ski up. I can drive it out in front of me and never feel like I'm ahead of it. I did it after seeing Mike Munn run 39 1/2 off at 34 with no wing on his Goode 9900.

Shane Hill

#4 Sun, Jul 12, 2009 5:28 AM

JAS

Chris

Remeasured my fin and was 2.494,  6.851, and something like .83.  DFT is really hard to measure on Senate due to tail contour. So here is a little more to the story. The problem I was having with hips really started after the second wake and into off side turn. Ski seem to want to fall back and was a struggle to keep hips forward.  This led into broken form turn, hips back hook-up position, and narrow from there on.  I recently moved from powershell front w/RTP to a Reflex w/RTP set up. 

Today I moved front binding back to 29.75 and adusted fin to 2.472. 6.825, and .85.  Problem seems 90% gone, will ski it for a while but inclined to take a little more tip out or give the ski a try w/o foil.

#5 Mon, Jul 13, 2009 2:34 AM

ChrisRossi
Foot Forward: Right

well let me know how it goes

Board footer