Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Wed, Jul 8, 2009 6:42 PM

Garn
Skis At: Utah Lake
Foot Forward: Right

I ran 34!

HI Chris and Wade,

Just have to brag about myself today.  This morning I did a set with my friend Keith Morgan and for the first time ever I ran 34 mph!  Ok, actually they said it was more like 33 1/2 mph but close enough for me!  I'm counting it!   So maybe I'll make my personal goal this year of running 22 off at 34 mph!  Hope so anyway.  No if I can just figure out why last Friday at an actual tournament I couldn't even make my 32 mph pass?!?  Go figure.

Garn

#2 Wed, Jul 8, 2009 7:23 PM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier
Skis At: Not short enough

Re: I ran 34!

Garn,

Great to hear you're skiing your best! Thanks for the update!

Tournament skiing is a little different -- it takes some experience to master. Ski more tournaments! And ski more tournament sets in practice. Ski until you miss or fall and get in the boat. Cutting your set short like this will give you a different perspective that will prepare you for tournaments better.

How's your bike? hehe

#3 Wed, Jul 8, 2009 8:44 PM

2gofaster

Great job Garn!  As Wade said, tournaments are different. After 3 years, I'm finally skiing closer to what I do in practice at tournaments. One day a week, I'll do two tournament sets.  The rest I'll mix it up.  But on the day I do two tournament sets, if I fall on the opener on both passes, I'm done. It does give you a different perspective and forces you to get into a mindset where you're ready to go ski and hang it all out.

Shane Hill

#4 Wed, Jul 8, 2009 10:09 PM

Garn

How's your bike? hehe

*LOL*  Well, I still have it and the owner hasn't asked for it back.  I guess that sums up my bike! smile

#5 Fri, Jul 10, 2009 1:13 PM

MChilcutt

Way to go Garn!!!!  Enjoy the ride. moving up the line is a lot of fun.

MC

#6 Fri, Jul 10, 2009 8:29 PM

Garn

Thanks Mark!  I went with Keith again today and ran 34 one more time!  I'm pretty psyched!  I hear Nick is worried that I'm soon gonna take over his place as the best skier from Utah.  *LOLOL*  All you guys better watch out!

Garn

#7 Sat, Jul 11, 2009 1:54 AM

ChrisRossi

Way to go Garn!  That's a big accomplishment!

Board footer