Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Fri, Jun 26, 2009 3:32 AM

BigHead

Heat Molding Rs1 bindings in the oven?

I just got a set of rs-1 bindings and my dealer doesnt have a specific heater to mold them.

Is it possible to do it in the oven?

Also when mounting the boots to the plate there is alot of options for setting the boots to different angles, is it recommended to set one boot or both of axis a little?

I am a LFF skier

Thanks!

#2 Fri, Jun 26, 2009 3:41 AM

Rod S

Re: Heat Molding Rs1 bindings in the oven?

Yep, do it with my intuition linings both water and snow.   Use a convection oven and temp of about 225.  Makes sure your oven doesn't run hot.   Put the liners on a cookie sheet.  Warm them for about 5 minutes and then flip them over for another few minutes.  They should come out expanded and puffy.   You do not want to over cook them as it will ruin them.    Make sure you make a toe cap so you have a little wiggle room.  I just stuff part of a paper towell in the end and then jam my foot in there.   Put your liner in the boot, put your foot in the liner and then stand in them similar to your ski pose until they cool down.   They are a bit warm so you may want a thin sock on your foot.   If you need more detail let me know but it's rather easy.

#3 Fri, Jun 26, 2009 3:43 AM

BigHead

Awesome,  thanks alot for the quick reply.

I kinda figured an oven would do the trick

big_smile

#4 Fri, Jun 26, 2009 4:53 AM

rod0041

the attached link has a video on how to heat mold.

http://www.jagersport.com/vidproduct.htm

Board footer