Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Mon, Jun 15, 2009 6:27 PM

owenjas
Foot Forward: Lefty

Skiing in the Olympics

I've just read about the sports currently applying to join the Olympics (Baseball, softball, roller sports, golf, rugby sevens, karate and squash), and wondered why waterskiing isn't on that list. I know it has been going on for a long time but never entirely understood the exact reason why waterskiing was deemed not suitable. So why was it not selected in the first place? Are there developments going on to fix whatever the problem was? And will there ever be another application so our sport can be in the olympics and get the recognition it deserves?!

#2 Mon, Jun 15, 2009 9:00 PM

kstateskier

Re: Skiing in the Olympics

BOATS...  we require boats.

KstateSkier
"The only thing standing between you and your goals is you"

#3 Mon, Jun 15, 2009 10:19 PM

Ski36Ossipee
Skis At: Ossipee Lake
Foot Forward: Left

I have always wondered this myself. I think that Waterskiing would be a great Olympic sport and an exciting one too. I think that many people would watch the event because it is fast paced and fun too watch.

#4 Wed, Jun 17, 2009 9:02 PM

RC
Foot Forward: Left

There are no powered sports in the Olympics that I know of. The only thing that comes to mind is a bicycle event where a motorcycle pulls them up to speed BEFORE the judged part of the event. Skydiving has been in the Olympics also, but again, the aircraft was not a part of the competition. Our tow boats are part of the competition and have a human at the controls. Inclusion seems unlikely.

#5 Thu, Jun 18, 2009 5:04 AM

imazeika

What if instead of a boat there could be a type of cable park set up that could pull people through the course.

Board footer