Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Fri, Jun 12, 2009 6:38 PM

MASS-SKIER

Radar Sequence Plate, Pivot?

I have been using my new Senate with rail boots (love it) and wondered if the sequence plate is supposed to pivot (rear) The ski came with everthing already mounted but I question it now after seeing someone elses plate mounted with zero flex. I guess my question is in what holes do the small bushings go? The plate pivots in the rear portion but remains soild in the front.

#2 Fri, Jun 12, 2009 7:36 PM

Killer
Skis At: Ontario
Foot Forward: Left

Re: Radar Sequence Plate, Pivot?

that's one of the great benefits of the whole setup IMO.  they are one of the only binding systems that allows for front and rear pivot.

I'm not sure I understand exactly what you're asking, but you have to set the bindings up on the plate BEFORE you mount the plate to the ski as the adjustments are done from the bottom.

you will see what I'm talking about if you pull the plate off the ski.

there are 5 screws that hold the boots to the plate, one in the middle of the boot and 1 in each corner of each boot. its those ones that allow for the pivot, just loosen them and the middle one and pivot your binders, then tighten them back up snug so the boots don't move.

the bindings should also NOT pivot when the plate is mounted.  the pivot is only to position where you want the bindings to sit, all screws should be secured.

not sure what you're referring to in regards to "zero flex".  the lockwashers you put under the plate on the front and rear allow for the plate to flex slightly.  the middle screws don't have the lock washers to the boots are isolated from one another, allowing the front and back to float.

hope that helps wink

Last edited by Killer (Fri, Jun 12, 2009 7:39 PM)

#3 Mon, Jun 15, 2009 2:56 PM

MASS-SKIER

Re: Radar Sequence Plate, Pivot?

Killer wrote:

that's one of the great benefits of the whole setup IMO.  they are one of the only binding systems that allows for front and rear pivot.

I'm not sure I understand exactly what you're asking, but you have to set the bindings up on the plate BEFORE you mount the plate to the ski as the adjustments are done from the bottom.

you will see what I'm talking about if you pull the plate off the ski.

there are 5 screws that hold the boots to the plate, one in the middle of the boot and 1 in each corner of each boot. its those ones that allow for the pivot, just loosen them and the middle one and pivot your binders, then tighten them back up snug so the boots don't move.

the bindings should also NOT pivot when the plate is mounted.  the pivot is only to position where you want the bindings to sit, all screws should be secured.

not sure what you're referring to in regards to "zero flex".  the lockwashers you put under the plate on the front and rear allow for the plate to flex slightly.  the middle screws don't have the lock washers to the boots are isolated from one another, allowing the front and back to float.

hope that helps wink

Thanks, that is how the ski is set up. The "float" part is what I was questioning and I wasn't  sure if there should be any flex in the plate once it's mounted to the ski?

Board footer