Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Wed, Jun 3, 2009 4:39 PM

Garn
Skis At: Utah Lake
Foot Forward: Right

Wade Cox Dropped by HO Sports?

Has anyone heard anything about Wade Cox no longer being with HO?

Garn

#2 Wed, Jun 3, 2009 7:36 PM

StevenHaines
Slalom Mentor
Skis At: Canyon Lake, Ca.
Foot Forward: right

Re: Wade Cox Dropped by HO Sports?

There is something about it on Schnitz's web site

#3 Mon, Jun 8, 2009 12:52 PM

ChrisRossi

If that is true, that sucks.  It's never good to hear of an icon being dropped because he is not skiing any more.  It just shows haw fast people forget about the amazing accomplishments of athletes.  Long live the legend and my hero!

#4 Tue, Jun 9, 2009 6:29 PM

twinskier

if this is true, I agree with Chris.  I have had the honor of skiing with Wade several times as well as spending several weeks in Mexico at Gordon's and if you have not had this honor your are missing out.  Regardless of skiing, Wade is one of the coolest, nicest guys I have ever met.  We have a blast every time we get together and HO would be making a huge mistake to cut ties with this legend of the industry.  I hope that this is all just rumors.

#5 Thu, Jun 11, 2009 3:20 AM

mfcardoni
Foot Forward: Left

Having worked within the MasterCraft network for the past 14 years, I have had the privilege of getting to know Wade Cox  --  when our paths cross at Boat Shows, Dealer Meetings, and the occasional Event. If ever there was a first class guy, and a role model  --  it is Wade Cox. As many of you know, this goes way beyond skiing  --  although we all wish we could ski like that!

It is a shame that economic challenges invoke what can only be a "hasty" decision  --  since in times like these, it truly will be the "talent" that prevails.

And in an unfolding era where quality "family time" will take on an ever-broadening importance, could there be a better messenger than Mr Wade Cox?

And once again, this goes well beyond 38' Off ...

We all know the element of resilience embodied in Wade's talent  --  he has a great deal to offer, and for a long time to come ...

If true, this can only be a blessing in disguise, as some group bigger and better will get lucky  --  and get Wade...

Cardman

#6 Thu, Jun 11, 2009 11:10 AM

h20dawg79
Water Ski Sage
Skis At: Old Hickory Lake, TN.
Foot Forward: left

I do not know Wade. But, his rep. preceeds him and he is obviously a Winner. Winners have the uncanny ability of always landing on there feet and I bet in time he will eventually look back and say; "Man, that was the Best thing thats happened to me in a Long time"!!!

When God closes a door, -he always opens a window...smile

Rock on Wade!

"Warning" -the Surgeon General has determined; That the preceding statements accurately reflect the views and opinions consistent with "DSS" (Delusional Slalomitis Syndrome) a highly contagious life altering condition... (Handle with Extreme care & Patience)

#7 Thu, Jun 11, 2009 1:19 PM

2gofaster

It's unfortunate that in todays corporate culture, there is a mentality of "What have you done for me lately?".

Shane Hill

#8 Thu, Jun 11, 2009 4:04 PM

GarrettGroller

I've only seen Wade on video giving interviews and he seems like the coolest, most sincere, down to earth guy you could ever meet. One of these years I'm going to get some pro coaching and hopefully get the chance to meet him.

#9 Thu, Jun 11, 2009 6:03 PM

kstateskier

No offense to Rossi and Boston Wade Dub but Coxy is hands down my favorite skier to watch.  His style is so unique - he's just been my favorite skier since I first bought a CDX! 

(Rossi - You needed a bigger part in "Gifted"!  You're fun to watch ski as well...

KstateSkier
"The only thing standing between you and your goals is you"

#10 Wed, Jun 17, 2009 10:01 AM

ripitup

Suede Sox is a Legend! If he is or isn't skiing it doesn't matter he is one of the most influential skiers ever, and a huge puller for HO.

HO should be privileged to have him hes been loyal since ever!
I hope this is just a rumor and I would love to hear that HO haven't done anything silly and release a statement praising Wade for his devotion.
Any comps hes at seems far more bubbly, truly one of the coolest guys on the scene everyone respects him.

Wade is a LEGEND!!!

#11 Mon, Jun 22, 2009 2:40 AM

khaos

Skied with Wade yesterday. Drove 540miles round trip to do it and it was worth every minute. He truly is everything y'all say he is.

What role he is now playing with HO never came up in conversation, but if he isn't with them any more it didn't show. He knew everything about the A1, S1, Monza, what they're planning to do with the Monza for next year, everything.

He also succeeded in getting me through the course gate to gate at full speed for the 1st time since my accident. He's the best.

Board footer