Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Tue, Jun 2, 2009 1:48 AM

BigHead

Where I am at and where i should be going

Ok so i think without a little input I am pretty much stuck in my progression and need some advice.

I will start my saying that I am trying to get some video footage going so I can do the online coaching but until then Im going to turn to the helpful people on the forums smile

Alright I have been skiing for roughly 4 years, only last year did I spend time in a course.  I was able to make 5 buoys last year at 30mph 15off no entrance gate hitting the exit gate and missing the 4 ball.

My question is how should i approach the course this year? Should i lower my speed to try and make the full course and get some rhythm, to like 28 or something? 

I have some open water video i took on the weekend i could post ( once i figure out the camera ) if thats alright. 

Im kinda worried that at my level online video coaching would be overkill, atleast until I am getting 6 balls at any speed.

What do you guys think?

Ill give you my specs so you have an idea of myself.

6'7"
185lbs
28yo

Skiing an '07 HO triumph 69" with venom front and rear bindings

#2 Wed, Jun 3, 2009 4:47 PM

JasonHutchins
Skis At: I wish I had a place
Foot Forward: Left

Re: Where I am at and where i should be going

If you really want to jump start your skiing and take it to a whole new level the best thing would be to go ski with a pro.  I don't know where you are located but if traveling to the southeast doesn't sound economical or very fun (HOT!!), check to see if a pro is coming near you to do a clinic, or organize one for your area yourself! You are at the best spot in your skiing to get some in depth, in person coaching.  This will give you some understanding of the fundamentals and allow the coach to make sure you've got some concepts down.  Spend a little cash now, save yourself from banging your head against the wall for the rest of your life.  From there I would take it to online coaching where you can get "continuing education". 
I recommend this process specifically for skiers at your ability level, where you will be learning a bunch of new fundamental concepts pretty quickly and will want to make sure you have a solid understanding of these fundamentals.  You can def. start video coaching now to get you on your way and then ski at a ski school or clinic as soon as time and money allow.

#3 Thu, Jun 4, 2009 12:10 AM

BigHead

Thanks for the reply,

I was planning on going to a ski school at the start of next season, but for now I know there is an active ski club in my area so i think i will see when they have a clinic going on and try to hit them up.

#4 Mon, Jun 8, 2009 12:56 PM

ChrisRossi
Foot Forward: Right

The biggest thing you can do for your skiing is to get out of your box.  That is why a pro coach is highly recommended.  Listen and ask them questions and have an open mind.  You are not getting coaching to get a quick tip but rather to progress your understanding of the sport.  The more you understand, the less doubt in what you are doing.  Less doubt equals more confidence.  More confidence in combination with better technique equals more buoys.

#5 Tue, Jun 9, 2009 1:30 AM

lcarnes

I am a huge fan of professional coaching; as an early beginner, I decided to get regular coaching.  Every coach I have worked with has given me something useful to work on, even when I could barely cross the wakes. As a result I didn't get a chance to form the bad habits that are hard to unlearn.   In other words, get a coach and the faster, the better!  Skitek is a great place to get superb coaching.

Board footer