Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Tue, Jun 2, 2009 1:38 AM

johnthomas929

Finish of turn

I am riding a 65" F1. Left forward, front boot 281/8" with blade at 6.778 tips, .784 and 2.504. I have good leverage on both sides of the course, but the shorter the rope gets the ski doesn't want to finish the turn on either side. It will pre-turn then at the end of the turn the ski tip will come up and the ski will go flat then I have to put it back on edge. Any thoughts.
Johnny

#2 Wed, Jun 3, 2009 4:28 PM

cliveous

Re: Finish of turn

Hi John, sounds to me like you need to be more patient out of the turn, perhaps if you keep two hands on longer during the pre turn it might help with being patient out of the turn, it helps me when I suffer from the same problem. Also by me keeping two hands on longer it gives me a better release from the boat and enables me to be counter. Try it it might help.
Regards Clive

#3 Thu, Jun 4, 2009 12:53 PM

h20dawg79
Water Ski Sage
Skis At: Old Hickory Lake, TN.
Foot Forward: left

My guess is Body position. If your doing fine at longer rope lengths, then I would "Guess" maybe you are rushing the turn at shorter line and getting pulled up & out of your position at the end of the turn...

Try doing everything the same as you have been, but shadow the odd # buoy's and hit the even # buoys this will give you a better chance at being early and making nice Fluid turns without fighting for buoy counts...

Or even slow down 2 mph...???

"Warning" -the Surgeon General has determined; That the preceding statements accurately reflect the views and opinions consistent with "DSS" (Delusional Slalomitis Syndrome) a highly contagious life altering condition... (Handle with Extreme care & Patience)

#4 Thu, Jun 4, 2009 1:01 PM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier
Skis At: Not short enough
Foot Forward: Right

How much do you weigh? What speed is your max? Which year F1?

You need a longer fin, especially for how deep you are.

Without knowing more info I would set you to 2.475 6.80 tips and .765 to start.

#5 Fri, Jun 5, 2009 8:50 PM

johnthomas929

Hey Wade,
I weigh 148 skiing at 36mph on a 05 65" F1. My average is 4 at 35off. Any input would be appreciated.
Thanks,

Board footer