Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Thu, May 28, 2009 5:20 PM

2gofaster

Goal setting

For those of you who don't use Wade's ski log, you really should. The section on goals is very important.  My dream goal this year was to run  32 off in a tournament. That was like a pie in the ski goal for me at the start of the year. I've now realized that I didn't shoot high enough. And probably none of us do when goal setting. I slowed the boat to 32.3 and ran a tournament set that included running 32 off. That was my first ever at any speed and it was actually a pretty clean pass.  If I speed the boat up .1mph per day skiing, that should have me skiing into 32off at 34mph in less than 6 weeks. That's got me really thinking about continuing to train at 32 this summer to see where I can max out at. The point of this thread is not to say anything about me, but to point out that we all should really examine what our goals can be and should be. Because we're all capable of a lot more than we give ourselves credit for.

Shane Hill

#2 Mon, Jun 8, 2009 1:05 PM

ChrisRossi
Foot Forward: Right

Re: Goal setting

I totally agree.  Great skiing Shane!

Board footer