Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Thu, May 21, 2009 10:21 PM

pgarske

Powershell Centering

Chris
I know you used to ski with Goode powershells and I am looking for advice on centering the front shell. If I use the molding line on the shell, it appears that the boot is off center towards the little toe side of the ski. Looking at the Radar boots centering arrow, it appears that the boot favors the toe side of the ski. Any suggestions or should I just trial and error moving it until it feels good on both on-side and off- side?
Thanks
Paul

#2 Fri, May 22, 2009 6:15 PM

ScotChipman
Foot Forward: Right

Re: Powershell Centering

Chris,

Paul is my main ski partner that noticed that my Radar RS-1 boots when centered with the arrow don't match up with his PowerShells when centered as recommended by Goode. When you get some time after the Masters lets hear your take since you would be the expert coming from the PoerShells and now skiing on the RS-1's.

Best of luck at the Masters!

Scot Chipman

#3 Fri, Jun 5, 2009 7:29 PM

ScotChipman

Chris, Welcome back from your vacation.

Scot Chipman

#4 Sat, Jun 6, 2009 12:31 PM

Deke
Skis At: 15/34

scotchipman wrote:

Chris,

Paul is my main ski partner that noticed that my Radar RS-1 boots when centered with the arrow don't match up with his PowerShells when centered as recommended by Goode. When you get some time after the Masters lets hear your take since you would be the expert coming from the PoerShells and now skiing on the RS-1's.

Best of luck at the Masters!

Another thing... I've also noticed that my RS1's when centered on notch don't seem to actually be straight.  Seems slightly "pigeon toed".  I use center hole and rotate very slightly out and it "feels" straight.  Maybe just me?
Deke

#5 Mon, Jun 8, 2009 1:32 PM

ChrisRossi

I always used the line on the PowerShells and had no problem with it.  I would mount to that if you are looking for straight.  With the RS1, I run both boots in a more open stance so I did not notice them to be toe in.  Use the line as a reference and find the stance you like.

Board footer