Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Thu, May 21, 2009 7:42 PM

smanski

Edge change location - 15-off thru 39-off

While watching some of the pro skiers on video, I noticed that they lean longer as the rope gets shorter.  At 32-off, many begin the edge change in the white-water before the wake and move the edge-change to the white-water after the wake at 38 or 39-off.  Would this trend towards changing edges sooner at longer line lengths carry through to even 22 and 15 off?  I am trying to help a skier with his 15-off pass, but it has been a long time since I skied 15-off.  I am not really sure where the edge change should be at 15-off.  I know his technique and efficiency change where the edge-change will occur, but as a reference, I was curious if the pros would change edges even sooner if they ran 15 or 22-off.

#2 Thu, May 21, 2009 9:06 PM

StevenHaines
Slalom Mentor
Skis At: Canyon Lake, Ca.
Foot Forward: right

Re: Edge change location - 15-off thru 39-off

I saw  some footage on 15 off that you might watch of Marcus and Seth skiing at longer line lengths and slower speeds that might be helpful to you.

#3 Fri, May 22, 2009 10:24 AM

GarrettGroller
Foot Forward: Right

Re: Edge change location - 15-off thru 39-off

Here is the link to Marcus at 15 off.

http://www.fifteenoff.com/showpost.aspx?PostID=32

Board footer