Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Thu, May 21, 2009 2:21 PM

MChilcutt
Skis At: Utah Lake
Foot Forward: Right

Bad Habit??

At -28 -32 i am having a hell of a time keeping the line tight. I am feeling rushed and reaching down course coming to the ball creating slack. Any suggestions on something to work on to break this horrible habit i have formed.

Thanks in advance
MC

#2 Thu, May 21, 2009 7:06 PM

Schnitz

Re: Bad Habit??

How far past the second wake are you pulling?

On a scale from 0 to 10, how hard are you pulling through the gates? 

On a scale from 0 to 10, how hard ae you pulling in the course?

Is your hardest pull behind the boat?

Schnitz!

#3 Thu, May 21, 2009 9:20 PM

MChilcutt

I am going to get some video this weekend and start analyzing some of that and then maybe answer some of your questions better.
I would say i am pulling to long to hard at the shorter lenghts thus creating to much speed and or feeling like i will be way to wide and late and never make it back across course . I could not tell you how many feet past the second wake i am pulling.
As far as 1-10 pull i think i am pulling 10 behind the boat.

Thanks, MC

#4 Fri, May 22, 2009 1:27 AM

Schnitz

I need to understand your thinking in order to help you!  Please answer all the questions honestly.  Which foot forward are you?

Schnitz!

Last edited by Schnitz (Fri, May 22, 2009 1:28 AM)

#5 Fri, May 22, 2009 2:28 AM

ColinBuchanan
Skis At: SkiTek
Foot Forward: Left

Pulling to long into the buoy is going to overload the line and you are either going to turn into a slack line or have to wait for the boat to take the slack before you turn in and then you are off of a good line for the course. If your passes feel like you are being pulled the whole time then maybe take a look at your gate. If you get started behind the boat then you will struggle the whole pass trying to catch up so start with an earlier and wider gate and when you feel the boat start to pull you back into the wakes fall into the handle and see if that doesn't help you start on a better line for the course that utilizes the boats speed instead of getting pulled over by it.

#6 Thu, May 28, 2009 2:32 PM

chopper

Schnitz, what is your theory regarding the questions you asked? Would like to hear your ideas on how hard to pull at gate etc.

Last edited by chopper (Thu, May 28, 2009 2:33 PM)

#7 Thu, May 28, 2009 3:25 PM

2gofaster

At 28 and 32, I also have a tendancy to get slack, especially at one ball. For me, I know I'm letting the handle away early which is causing the ski to start it's turn back in too soon. Ever time I keep that elbow tight into my body in the preturn I ski a tight line.

Shane Hill

#8 Thu, May 28, 2009 6:31 PM

MChilcutt

thanks for the input i got some video of me skiing on tuesday and it is very obvious that i am releasing from the handle early thus sending everything down course. I will be working on skiing 15ft before the turn ball rather than skiing to the ball. My focus is get wide and ski the backside of the turn ball. I will be reporting back soon.

Thanks, MC

Board footer