Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Fri, May 15, 2009 8:47 PM

AndersonSkiTeam

Bindings for HO Judge

I am looking at getting an 61 HO Judge for my 9 year old son.  Should be his first year slalom.  I see some pretty good deals with a Shock front and RTP.  Is this a pretty good set up or should I be looking at something else.  Don't want to spend to much money or I would be looking at a D3.  In a couple of years he will be able to ride his moms ski which should make things easier and cheaper.

Ski Naked...No Falls, No Balls

#2 Fri, May 15, 2009 9:01 PM

jbski

Re: Bindings for HO Judge

Try the HO Venom binding. Kind of a simpler, softer version of the Animal. I have my 10 yr old on that binding and he loves it. He's been on it for a year or so.
Jim

#3 Fri, May 15, 2009 9:04 PM

jbski

Shoot - sorry, just reread you post and realized you were asking about the whole set up. The HO Judge is a pretty good ski for the kids to start slaloming on. I just sold one we had. So, yeah, a Judge with a Venom would be a good start and would get them pretty far down the improvement road. I don't have any experience with the Shock binding you mentioned.
Jim

#4 Fri, May 15, 2009 9:45 PM

AndersonSkiTeam

jbski-did you go double venom or venom front RTP.  If you are in double venom did you start of RTP or just go straight to double boots.  I want to be able to make this as easy and fun as I can or I am afraid I will lose him to the WakeBoard.  He already told me it only looks like old men still ski.  At our public lake that is all there is.  At 35 I am considered the youngest skier.

Last edited by AndersonSkiTeam (Fri, May 15, 2009 9:48 PM)

Ski Naked...No Falls, No Balls

#5 Fri, May 15, 2009 10:15 PM

snow1122
Foot Forward: Left

My son has been skiing with HO Judge with Shock and RTP for two seasons now and loving it! He's ready to step up to another ski this season since he's 15now.
He came from a D3 double boot set up and had no trouble switching to the RTP with the new ski.
In reference to the wakeboarding and slalom just make it fun for him. My son slalom first and wakeboards every other set. We've been teaching him to trick and barefoot as well.
He snow skis on groomers and boards on powder days.......
This was our best approach for him to do both sports and still have fun.

Look at ski-it-again.com, they've couple of Judges for sale, not sure about sizes.

Board footer